25 Years Of Channel 4

ST SID

Nathan Barley

Brass Eye

Channel 4 News

any HBO shows they chose to splash cash on

all the rest is pretty much shite reality shows based around being fat, buying a hoose, being a total wanker. not to mention the unadulterated carnage which is hollyoaks.

1: Countdown, first show on and still remember coming in from school to see it on launch day.

2: U2 live at Red Rocks. Produced by Malcolm Gerrie of The Tube, later came out as a video release.

3: Father Ted, sublime comedic genius.

4: Comic Strip Presents, the 'Bad News' one's were mega !

5: Cheers, the US sitcom that made me laugh for years.

1.the sopranos

2.father ted(father stone lives in the next building to me)

3.babylon 5

4.my name is earl

5.did c4 fund michael moores films?if so them.

I once saw him in a General Store just off Dumbarton Road (Byres Road end). Freaked me out a bit - I had been on the Bob Hope, and had been watching him in "Father Ted" 40 minutes earlier. Spicy Nik-Naks please.

I once saw him in a General Store just off Dumbarton Road (Byres Road end). Freaked me out a bit - I had been on the Bob Hope, and had been watching him in "Father Ted" 40 minutes earlier. Spicy Nik-Naks please.

Him and the Mrs run a fruit n' veg shop in the west end if I'm not mistaken... ? :blink:

Nae top five , but on the opening night, or thereabouts, there was a show called 'Whatever You Want', lost in the mists of time. used to have good punky type bands on.

First time I can recall seeing Keith Allen on telly, (his show), and he was sitting interviewing some Tory MP, whilst bollock naked, and having a shave. Seems tame now, but class piss-taking back then. :)

Edited by closet saint

Him and the Mrs run a fruit n' veg shop in the west end if I'm not mistaken... ? :blink:

his names michael redmond i think,owns a deli near byres rd :)

his son used to go to the same school as my boy,used to piss meself laughing thinking "that guys a ringer for father stone"then saw article in evening times saying he lived in west end and ran a shop,think he does stand up still :lol:

his names michael redmond i think,owns a deli near byres rd :)

his son used to go to the same school as my boy,used to piss meself laughing thinking "that guys a ringer for father stone"then saw article in evening times saying he lived in west end and ran a shop,think he does stand up still :lol:

Aye, and he does a show at the Edinburgh Fringe too, uses to see him on the Edinburgh train every August when I was going through for the festival jobs.