Internet Service Providers

Joe

I am coming to the end of my 18 month contract with Talk Talk (who were feckin horrendous) I am looking for another ISP.

Can anyone recommend a good Broadband provider?

For reliability I am thinking of BT because they have most of the telecomms infrastructure across the UK, but for cost I am thinking of Tiscali who just now cost the same as Talk Talk per month.

Doe anyone who is with either of these ISP's have any major problems?

I am coming to the end of my 18 month contract with Talk Talk (who were feckin horrendous) I am looking for another ISP.

Can anyone recommend a good Broadband provider?

For reliability I am thinking of BT because they have most of the telecomms infrastructure across the UK, but for cost I am thinking of Tiscali who just now cost the same as Talk Talk per month.

Doe anyone who is with either of these ISP's have any major problems?

Customer Service for BT is crap, all in India and don't understand, if you have a Tech problem, yer buggered getting it sorted!

I work for Tiscali customer service should come over to us ! :D

They are doing for a £30 set up fee, 8MB, Free Line Rental, Anytime UK and International Calls for £19.99, depends on where about you live your package varies. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Customer Service for BT is crap, all in India and don't understand, if you have a Tech problem, yer buggered getting it sorted!

I work for Tiscali customer service should come over to us ! :D

They are doing for a £30 set up fee, 8MB, Free Line Rental, Anytime UK and International Calls for £19.99, depends on where about you live your package varies. :)

Aye their customer service is crappy.

I got fed up and e-mailed the BT Chairman Ben Verwaayen, I've now got a brand new BT Line and my Broadband Line Speed has more than trebled from 1.5mbps to 6mpbs :wink:

Its not what you know, its who you know :rolleyes:

Edited by Joe

Between my SKY package and BT phone/broadband I pay £123 a month at present, when I ditch the BT aspect apart from line rental next month it'll cost me £68 including multiroom....................

I'm still going to pass on the HD box though, £270 is a tad much.....................

Aye their customer service is crappy.

I got fed up and e-mailed the BT Chairman Ben Verwaayen, I've now got a brand new BT Line and my Broadband Line Speed has more than trebled from 1.5mbps to 6mpbs :wink:

Its not what you know, its who you know :rolleyes:

That's what I did when they fannied around with installing my line this year and got three months free as compensation.

Even the guy who eventually came to install it said I was quite right to do that as the call centre is bloody useless.

Well, I'm with plusnet who were initially gash but have upped their game massively in the last 12 months (think they were bought over by BT).

No idea about their phone service or any of the other bawlocks ISPs try and sell you but I get steady 5meg speeds for £14.99 a month.

I have BT Broadband and I must say that I have never had any problems, although Tiscali offer good value for money also (I also work for them) - I think though with BT & Tiscali, you might experience call centres outwith the UK, but sadly that is the way most companies seem to operate at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
aol are quite good :wink:

But aol are a cul de sac

So many restrictions.

You can't load up foties and then let the public see them - only OTHER aol PEOPLE.

If you run websites then you have to use THEIR FTP software for uploading files - no matter what they claim is possible.

And when Yankee schoolweans are online on a Sat a.m. AOL is slower than a slow sloth in slothland during sleepy time.

But aol are a cul de sac

So many restrictions.

You can't load up foties and then let the public see them - only OTHER aol PEOPLE.

If you run websites then you have to use THEIR FTP software for uploading files - no matter what they claim is possible.

And when Yankee schoolweans are online on a Sat a.m. AOL is slower than a slow sloth in slothland during sleepy time.

Carphone Warehouse/Talk Talk now run AOL in the UK

Just drop Charles Dunstone an e-mail [email protected]

He gets someone in their high level complaints department to contact you and if you put your case strongly enough you could probably get your contract terminated without any penalties.

Anyone having severe problems with BT just e-mail the chairman [email protected]

His office will get someone to contact you from their high level complaints department or someone from his own office, due to their IT problems and people being unable to get through on the customer service line, they have a dedicated team to help bt customers.

I used them and they were excellent, I got a brand new phone and my first months broadband free.

• 2 weeks later...

Every ADSL provider relies on the BT infrastructure to a degree and most (apart from those using LLU like Sky for example) are basically just selling rebadged BT Wholesale ISP services. So now you know :P

Every ADSL provider relies on the BT infrastructure to a degree and most (apart from those using LLU like Sky for example) are basically just selling rebadged BT Wholesale ISP services. So now you know :P

Tiscali do use Local Loop Unbundling, think it might just be with TV package, but we were taught about it in training :)

We even made a drawing :) :) :)