Internet Service Providers

Joe

There was a bit on the telly about Offcom wanting to regulate the way Broadband Speeds are advertised. There's a bit about the average speeds in the 'Broadband Awards' in the link below - companies have been monitored over the last 12 months with Sky and Virgin coming out tops.

Clicky

• 4 weeks later...

I'm with Tiscali and their broadband is alright but the phone package is pants. it costs 7.66p just to connect a call to a landline and even more to a mobile...even if you are on the call for literally 1 second. So I've started hanging up after 3 rings to stop bloody answering machines costing me a fortune.

Hollz, how long would my contract be for if I took a broadband and phone deal? 12 months?

• 1 month later...

It would be 12 months - calls the sales number on 0800 107 9000 and they should be able to give your more info.

I would have a look at it for you cockles to see what is happening, but I am off work at the moment :S

It may be delayed if they are waiting on something comming back from BT, but I would phone and chase it up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am on the Virgin VIP package......free recording doofer box plus you get to keep your old set top box to use in another room, 10MB broadband soon to be upped again, all the channels including Setanta and free calls including to mobiles and international = £85 a month.

The new recording doofer box is a genuine "whit the fu" technological advance! However, the contact centres are as pish as ever. Broadband support is also done offshore rendering it utterly useless. Best to moan like f**k to the corporate CS team who will send an engineer out, who are decent sorts and technically capable.

I am on the Virgin VIP package......free recording doofer box plus you get to keep your old set top box to use in another room, 10MB broadband soon to be upped again, all the channels including Setanta and free calls including to mobiles and international = £85 a month.

The new recording doofer box is a genuine "whit the fu" technological advance! However, the contact centres are as pish as ever. Broadband support is also done offshore rendering it utterly useless. Best to moan like f**k to the corporate CS team who will send an engineer out, who are decent sorts and technically capable.

:o

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my latest BT bill of £52.00 written off and a goodwill payment of £20.

Any of these ISP's give you any shìte, it really does pay to get the e-mail address of the Chairman/CEO heid bummer. :wink:

• 4 weeks later...