Xbox360 Or Ps3?

loomo

• 3 weeks later...

im having trouble getting my xbox live working.i have a sky modem and the xbox 360 elite but i cant get logged into xbox live,and i cant be arsed with the indian call centres! anybody any ideas (sensible)lol

Brian, is it a wireless connection?

When you are at the menue screen hit the yellow button for Xbos dashboard.

Scroll to the right til you are at System settings and select network settings.

Select edit settings.

3rd one down will let you change the setting from cable to wireless if that's what you have, also will let you select the modem and it will find all the settings needed to go live.

This should work :unsure:

Let me know if iy works ok and I'll kick your ass at Pro eve :P

goin to buy one or the other but i have always had playstations and really like them but now they have come down to a bit more respectable price it's all go.

a few of my mates have xbox's and say their great and at 249 with halo3 and another game it's not to be sniffed at but there are a few xbox's out, what ones the business?

also the ps3 40gb sounds good at the price it's on sale for but i'm told it doesn't play ps2 games :blink: and you need the 60gb for that, any truth?

the xbox 360 is all round is a better console , and at a cheaper price than the ps3. you should buy the 360 without a doubt :wink:

Brian, is it a wireless connection?

When you are at the menue screen hit the yellow button for Xbos dashboard.

Scroll to the right til you are at System settings and select network settings.

Select edit settings.

3rd one down will let you change the setting from cable to wireless if that's what you have, also will let you select the modem and it will find all the settings needed to go live.

This should work :unsure:

Let me know if iy works ok and I'll kick your ass at Pro eve :P

Its an ethernet sraight into the modem thats why im puzzled by it.Ill get it going and get a game with you soon i hope.Congrats on the graduation! :wink:

The xbox 360 is a pile of pish. My mate went through 4 cause they were all faulty. And it makes a c**t of a noise.

I really noticed that as well - I've a PS2 and Santa was kind enough to get me a 360 Elite for Christmas - I can't believe how noisy the fan is all the time, the PS2 is virtually silent in comparison.

im having trouble getting my xbox live working.i have a sky modem and the xbox 360 elite but i cant get logged into xbox live,and i cant be arsed with the indian call centres! anybody any ideas (sensible)lol

Did you sort this? If you have a broadband internet connection, it's best to use a router rather than a modem. You can pick them up cheap nowadays. You make one connection into the telephone line just like your modem does. Then you need to connect one patch (Ethernet) cable from router to xbox (for xbox live) and one from router into your PC for your Internet. It's that easy. You can connect to xbox live without turning on the pc - just turn on the router.

Did you sort this? If you have a broadband internet connection, it's best to use a router rather than a modem. You can pick them up cheap nowadays. You make one connection into the telephone line just like your modem does. Then you need to connect one patch (Ethernet) cable from router to xbox (for xbox live) and one from router into your PC for your Internet. It's that easy. You can connect to xbox live without turning on the pc - just turn on the router.

its sorted im up and running!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...