I'm Getting A New....................

HSS

Anybuddie recommend a new computer for the Big Chap?

I don't want to spend a fortune. :wink:

Seriously.... build your own!!

It ain't hard and you can get so much higher a spec for yur dough!!

So many "idiots" guides on the net, there's no excuse not to!!!!

Seriously.... build your own!!

It ain't hard and you can get so much higher a spec for yur dough!!

So many "idiots" guides on the net, there's no excuse not to!!!!

How can ye read them if you've no built it yet ? :blink::P

Never buy a pc from PC World. Their computers are mostly rubbish, customer service is non existant and if you take your computer to them to be fixed they just f**k it up even more. They are absolutely rubbish.

Also if you try and upgrade you are fecked.

Fujitsu Seimens are top notch and excellent value. I've got an FS desktop and laptop. Prices are excellent too. Laptop was under £300 from Makro....good spec desktop wasn't much more from one of the high street leccy retailers...might even have been dixons. Don't buy an extended warranty as they're bog roll, plus knowing your download habits you'll be too feart to send it back for repair. :P

i am getting a 37" flat screen telly - what do I do ? Plasma or LCD - seems the Panasonic Plasma Viera ( new ) is best in class - any recommendations , good and bad experiences ??

Baffult !!!

Too big fur the hoose unless you live in a good sized pub. Anything bigger than 26" in the hoose is penis compensation. :P

Too big fur the hoose unless you live in a good sized pub. Anything bigger than 26" in the hoose is penis compensation. :P

Helpful insofar as I never considered my house as a good sized pub , but now that Stayin In is the New Going Out :blink: I will indeed be maxing out my viewing rights as landlord........................ :cheers

Are you better going to a wee shop rather than PC World/Comet etc?

Generally Aye,

But as others have said you can buy good PC's from Lenovo, HP, Sony etc..

This place is OK for parts/machines, if you dont fancy building it yourself these guys will do it...

(look at the systems bit on the left hand side for deals)

Edited by Svensen

Got a new one and I'm well happy with it.

What a difference to the old one which I fear is destined for the great computer scrap yard in the sky. :( It's 7 years old now,dead slow and was forever freezing up on me.Anybuddie know if it's fixable?

• 2 weeks later...
Got a new one and I'm well happy with it.

What a difference to the old one which I fear is destined for the great computer scrap yard in the sky. :( It's 7 years old now,dead slow and was forever freezing up on me.Anybuddie know if it's fixable?

If you really want to keep it you could reinstall Windows or whatever onto the machine, depends what you need to use it for.

If it's just for web browsing etc you might fancy installing a free Linux distribution instead of Windaes, it needs a lower spec of machine to work, is less succeptible to virus' and is generally more stable...

• 4 weeks later...
i am getting a 37" flat screen telly - what do I do ? Plasma or LCD - seems the Panasonic Plasma Viera ( new ) is best in class - any recommendations , good and bad experiences ??

Baffult !!!

Get an LCD, they can handle the colour changes better than plasma and cheaper to repair if they fail. Also aim for as close to 1920X1080 resolution as you can afford, as this is the only 'true' high definition resolution.