Top 5 Movies

saintnextlifetime

.........Movies you like watching at the moment. In no particular order , here are 5 movies I find myself going back to or watching again when they come on the box..........

Matrix

Donnie Darko

A Few Good Men

the Big Lebowski

Last of the Mohicans

Edited by saintnextlifetime

never get fed up with watching Goodfellas and Once upon a time in america(saw a thing that said sergio leone said the ending was what you made it,but it was possible the whole thing was noodles`s opium trip)Dunno what it is about gangster films that make them so rewatchable

In some ways Goodfellas is very similar to Once upon a time in America , both great and both have De Niro. Another great gangster film with Bobby is Ronin which has one of the best car chases I have seen. Yeh, the opium trip is an interesting angle , too. It can be figured in a couple of ways , I suppose one film which would be open to alot of interpretation would have to be Mulholland Drive!

never get fed up with watching Goodfellas and Once upon a time in america(saw a thing that said sergio leone said the ending was what you made it,but it was possible the whole thing was noodles`s opium trip)Dunno what it is about gangster films that make them so rewatchable

One interesting theory relates to how much of an epithany noodles had. The gay pride brigade reckon his misogyny (the obsession and rape of Liz McGovern and the rape of Tuesday Weld) was a reaction to his being in the closet and that is why there is so much mystery regarding what he did and where he went to after the opium den. The lack of information about what he did in the intervening years is the brilliance of the film as the viewer will fill the years with their own version of a new life - proper art! :)

http://www.aboutfilm.com/movies/o/onceamerica.htm

read this and thought it was an indepth and intelligent synopsis of film.

after reading this i thought about the ending of the sopranos and how it ended with the make up your own ending type thing,didnt actualy notice it mightve been copied from Once upon a time........

Edited by saint_dave