Top 5 Xmas Gifts

ST SID

Just floored my loft allowing Sid Jnr masses of floorspace for scaletrix and train tracks. scaletrix and trains were always pish in my young years as they spent their lives gathering dust in a cupboard due to lack of a good attic space. What were the best toys in your day - I think Ching still has that stick and hoop thing popular with victorians. :P

1. Frustration - family favourite for causing all in square go's.

2. Raleigh Tomahok - Cannae beat a bike and the tomahok was the dogz of its day.

3. Sodgies - Shitey dark green plastic WW2 figures that were a c"nt to get to stand up on the popular shag pile carpets of the day. Rolling a marble at them to knock them down. A pound a bag from the gr'n'k shop in Johnstone an excellent stocking filler and unbeatable son / dad game.

4. The Castle - as above, medieval castle soon populated with the shitey dark green plastic WW2 figures (the diecast knights were as dear as f"k) requiring chucking of the marble rather than the rolling technique. Sadly eventually suffered the same cupboard fate as the scaletrix.

5. Drum Kit - Full size 4-peice kit and still in primary school. Sid Jnr and the sidlette ahve already got their own 5-peice precision kit. Thankfully always been blessed by very good neighbours. :)

1. St.Mirren "Diamonds" home kit (when Umbro sold a kit in a box)

2. Scotland home kit (see above)

3. Raleigh Grifter

4. Scalextric

5. Liverpool "Hitachi" kit - Dalglish fixation as a 7 year old !

Nowadays I'm happy with a bottle of Glenfiddich. Proof that Christmas IS furra weans :)

1. St.Mirren "Diamonds" home kit (when Umbro sold a kit in a box)

2. Scotland home kit (see above)

3. Raleigh Grifter

4. Scalextric

5. Liverpool "Hitachi" kit - Dalglish fixation as a 7 year old !

Nowadays I'm happy with a bottle of Glenfiddich. Proof that Christmas IS furra weans :)

:o

f**king hell!!!

That rings a very, very, very distant bell with me, that one...!

Edited by simon templar

1.dukes of hazzard race and chase(with jumps and handbrake turn)finally got a shot about 8pm on xmas night after my da and my uncle got fed up with it

2.atari..with bouncy shooting tanks

3.dinky toy eagle from space 1999

4.red "liverpool strip"which me mammy sewed on a pool badge

5.first pair of 10 hole doc martens

1. Adventure Kit: comprised of plastic water bottle, plastic binoculars (with 1x1 magnification), plastic compass which pointed in the same direction as you, and a real penknife!!

2. Crossfire.. The puck always got stuck in the corners and invariably led to using the guns in a shooting match with younger brother..

3. subbutteo. guaranteed at least one player per game would be stood/knelt upon. Soon the entire squad were standing in big lumps of airfix adhesive.

4. Oor wullie / Broons book. Can't beat the traditional gifts...

5. scalextrix. still get nostalgic at the smell of burnt out electrical contacts.... :rolleyes:

Edited by groo-ver

I think Ching still has that stick and hoop thing popular with victorians. :P

Being Scots, I called it a Girr.

Mine was made of steel.

And... :)

.... aye.

I do believe it's still in a lock-up in Paisley... :unsure:

Anybuddie know when Antiques Road Show is next in the Toon Hall?

I'm sure my brother would get a good price for

me.

eta:

Found a wee bit in a poem...

An throu thon lang het simmer weeks,

Whan lads ran free wi girrs an cleeks,

Ye'd tear the erse whiles oot yer breeks,

On trees an busses;

Wha'd shew them up tae hide yer 'cheeks'

- An spare yer blushes?

Edited by chingford

Anybody read that story last week about Dolly Parton opening up a library scheme in of all places, Rotherham?

Seems that Dolly had just sung her famous song "Coat of Many Colours" and explained to the company how she came to write the song: "This little song is about when I was a little bitty baby, we was poor, and ma momma made for me a coat from all of the bits of old rags that she found in her sewin' box...."

At which point a voice from the back grunted loudly : "You were lucky......." :D

Being Scots, I called it a Girr.

Mine was made of steel.

And... :)

.... aye.

I do believe it's still in a lock-up in Paisley... :unsure:

Anybuddie know when Antiques Road Show is next in the Toon Hall?

I'm sure my brother would get a good price for

me.

Getting rented out by your own brother ?! :blink: F*cking 'ell Ching, things must be bad !

1. Snooker table (kept in the smallest room in the house resulting in the obligatory half size cue being used a lot)

2. Subbuteo (complete with scoreboard and floodlights)

3. Crossfire (much more fun running around the house firing the metal balls at your pals)

4. A pile of panini football stickers (cheapest present but well loved)

5. St Mirren T-Shirt (figure hugging 70's number with red and black 'ST MIRREN' running all the way round in a Superstars style writing)