Top 5 School Disco Songs

ST SID

Sid Jnr's Xmas Party disco today. Was trying to think back to the dance classics of my school discos.

1. Heart of Glass - Blondie

2. That's Entertainment - The Jam

3. One Step Beyond - Madness

4. Life's a Wank - XS Discharge

5. Tiger Feet - Mud

Just found a cracking site with details on the great XS Discharge including quotes from Chic Doherty as well as other interesting reminicing about Paisley's punk finest:

http://www.shit-fi.com/Articles/GM/GM.html

Sid Jnr's Xmas Party disco today. Was trying to think back to the dance classics of my school discos.

5. Tiger Feet - Mud

Just found a cracking site with details on the great XS Discharge including quotes from Chic Doherty as well as other interesting reminicing about Paisley's punk finest:

When Elderslie become a district of Paisley <_<

• 3 weeks later...

5. Tiger Feet - Mud

Feckin brilliant article Sid..a lot of names were familiar..Ithink Davy Cameron used to hang about with big George McGrath..also remember me my brother George and Davy goin to Elderslie baths and Davy being taught how to swim by one of the pool attendents who i remember used to be a bit of a bastard..i,m almost 100 per cent certain its the same guy...also the 17 poster in The Bungalow Bar..17later went on to become The Alarm..ive still got my Fegs and Defiant Pose eps..thanx again.. :)

Feckin brilliant article Sid..a lot of names were familiar..Ithink Davy Cameron used to hang about with big George McGrath..also remember me my brother George and Davy goin to Elderslie baths and Davy being taught how to swim by one of the pool attendents who i remember used to be a bit of a bastard..i,m almost 100 per cent certain its the same guy...also the 17 poster in The Bungalow Bar..17later went on to become The Alarm..ive still got my Fegs and Defiant Pose eps..thanx again.. :)

He's my cousin, you know. Shit-hot bass player. He was a punk until he went to a party & heard the live version of La Villa Strangiato by Rush and couldn't believe it was just three guys. So he grew his hair, got the Rush back catalogue, practised like fúck onthe four-string & formed a band with George McG and a bloke called Preacher. I still have a tape of one of their sessions. Actually, I think it's in me ma's. Probably lost by now, in fact.

So there ye go.

He's my cousin, you know. Shit-hot bass player. He was a punk until he went to a party & heard the live version of La Villa Strangiato by Rush and couldn't believe it was just three guys. So he grew his hair, got the Rush back catalogue, practised like fúck onthe four-string & formed a band with George McG and a bloke called Preacher. I still have a tape of one of their sessions. Actually, I think it's in me ma's. Probably lost by now, in fact.

So there ye go.

What is this dealio about punks getting into Rush...i remember George had tons of posters up on his wall of Rush..one of my favorite bands "A" think they are the mutts nuts..i think they are are a terrible band and cant think for the life of me why punks like their twiddily muso bollox...Geddy Lee..is that the singer..one of the worst voices ever..

What is this dealio about punks getting into Rush...i remember George had tons of posters up on his wall of Rush..one of my favorite bands "A" think they are the mutts nuts..i think they are are a terrible band and cant think for the life of me why punks like their twiddily muso bollox...Geddy Lee..is that the singer..one of the worst voices ever..

Yep. That's why me & Bongo know they are the best band ever to draw breath. :D

Yep. That's why me & Bongo know they are the best band ever to draw breath. :D

But .....WHY!!!...i like yourself Greig have a very wide musical tastes..i,ve listened to at least 5 Rush albums all the way through a good few times and cant for the life of me understand this fascination and why Punks suddenly like this band..i find it weird...ps does anybody still call them albums :blink:

But .....WHY!!!...i like yourself Greig have a very wide musical tastes..i,ve listened to at least 5 Rush albums all the way through a good few times and cant for the life of me understand this fascination and why Punks suddenly like this band..i find it weird...ps does anybody still call them albums :blink:

Rush are pish. Punk's Not Dead. :)

WAYHAYYY at last someone els with common sense..got some brill Pumpkins bootlegs mate from that wee shop in Moss st.....still some there you should check it out

Nice one, I'll have a look.

Got the Zwan album a couple of weeks ago. Very good it is too.

Also managed to download some Billy Corgan rarities that I hadn't heard before, from some American dude's blog. I'll get you a copy once I've burnt them.