Light Bulb Up Arse...

JM1

I seem to remember on the old Saints Online guestbook, there was a funny story about a Scottish TV presenter/newsreader/weatherman who was rumoured to have gotten a light bulb stuck up his arse.

Can anyone remember his name (and the full story, or am I making things up again)?

Yeah, that sounds about right, cheers!

Can't find any stories on the net about it though. Is it just an urban myth?

According to my mates wife (a nurse at the RAI at the time) it happened. He seemed to have a thing for shoving allsorts of things up his ronson lighter. I wonder if he uses low energy bulbs these days ?

According to my mates wife (a nurse at the RAI at the time) it happened. He seemed to have a thing for shoving allsorts of things up his ronson lighter. I wonder if he uses low energy bulbs these days ?

chris brookmyre references it in one of his books im pretty sure - think it might be 'Not the End of the World'

I seem to remember on the old Saints Online guestbook, there was a funny story about a Scottish TV presenter/newsreader/weatherman who was rumoured to have gotten a light bulb stuck up his arse.

Can anyone remember his name (and the full story, or am I making things up again)?

Kindly explain what inspired you to start this thread?? :blink:

I think it may be Boiling a Frog; it's referred to in a hospital A&E scene as "We've got a guy done a Bryce Curdy". Or words to that effect. Tres funny. :D

yeah its something like that, could well be Boiling A Frog, defo one of the politics/government scandal-y books.

New one - A Snowball in Hell - out in April I think... hurrah!

Sorry, can't shed any light on the story, or should that be matter? Depends on how far up it was i suppose. Seems like there was light at the end of the tunnel anyhow. :)

yeah its something like that, could well be Boiling A Frog, defo one of the politics/government scandal-y books.

New one - A Snowball in Hell - out in April I think... hurrah!

If only some of his fine books would be made into blockbuster films............the headlines scream local millionaire author invests in St.Mirren.......... :)

If only some of his fine books would be made into blockbuster films............the headlines scream local millionaire author invests in St.Mirren.......... :)

i think few of his stories would work as films.. most of the plot and humour seem to take place either in characters thoughts or in his own description of events and places. Having said that, 'One fine Day in The Middle of the night' would certainly work as a movie...