Top 5 Sitcoms

Cairters_Corner

• 4 weeks later...
1. Blackadder

2. Porridge

3. Red Dwarf

4. Fawlty Towers

5. Only Fools And Horses

Anyone picking any U.S. sit-coms ahead of British productions should seek help immediately. Scrubs and Married With Children are quite funny, but not in the same league as UK comedy.

Evidently you have never seen The Family Guy. That, The Simpsons & American Dad are time zones ahead of any shit coming out of the UK at the moment. Sheer fúcking geniune, utter, chewing the carpet hilarity.

"Oh, I'm so sweltering. I need to cool down. Brian, spit on me. Thank you. Now call me scum." :lol:

Evidently you have never seen The Family Guy. That, The Simpsons & American Dad are time zones ahead of any shit coming out of the UK at the moment. Sheer fúcking geniune, utter, chewing the carpet hilarity.

"Oh, I'm so sweltering. I need to cool down. Brian, spit on me. Thank you. Now call me scum." :lol:

You're easily pleased :P

Porridge

The Young Ones

Farty Towels

Father Ted

Dad's Army

Interesting (IMO anyway) to note that only one of the above shows lasted more than 3 series.

Red Dwarf & Only Fools both ran long past their sell-by dates.

Edit - Last Sitcom I really loved was Grass but it only lasted one series on BBC3 (?).

Edited by Bud the Baker

Porridge

The Young Ones

Farty Towels

Father Ted

Dad's Army

Interesting (IMO anyway) to note that only one of the above shows lasted more than 3 series.

Red Dwarf & Only Fools both ran long past their sell-by dates.

Edit - Last Sitcom I really loved was Grass but it only lasted one series on BBC3 (?).

I thought so too, especially Red Dwarf . Series 1-5 were good then it fell apart with canned laughter and the rest of the crew's appearance.

OFAH still had laughs aplenty in its later series.

I thought so too, especially Red Dwarf . Series 1-5 were good then it fell apart with canned laughter and the rest of the crew's appearance.

OFAH still had laughs aplenty in its later series.

Red Dwarf's best series were 3 & 4 (particularly 3), where they were just generally mucking about. Episodes like Backwards, Polymorph, Dimension Jump (Ace Rimmer) etc. Brilliant stuff. 1 & 2 were alright by & large but adding Kryten to the mix as a main character helped it tremendously.

Was never big on series 5. Some people think Back to Reality is the best episode ever, but I think it's fairly average and that was the best episode that series by a distance. 6, 7 & 8 are all a mix of good episodes & bad...though to mention one from each...Gunmen of the Apocalypse, Stoke Me A Clipper & Krytie TV are particular classics that would easily have been good enough to be part of series 3. :)