Top 5 Performances

St. Sid

I was watching Jools Holland the other night as James were on it. The Gutter Twins only played one track, "Idle Hands" but it was f'k'n magic. Its the first time in years I have bought an album based on hearing one song once. Not only that the album is as good as I hoped.

1. The Gutter Twins - Idle Hands (Saturnalia)

2. Arcade Fire - Power Out (Funeral)

3. J&M Chain - Never Understand (Psychocandy)

4. James - Sit Down (Gold Mother)

5. Barry Manilow - Could It Be Magic (Barry Manilow)

:headbang

Edited by Jerry Sidowitz

1. The View- Played at the Carling at the NME Awards thingy

2. The Pigeon Detectives- Support band at the Kaiser Chiefs at Meadowbank

3. The Alarm- Support band at SLF at the Apollo

4. The Men They Couldn't Hang- Seen them on the Tv Ally Bain Show

5. Angelic Upstarts- On a programme Something Else

Edited by windae cleaner

The Waterboys supporting Simple Minds at Ibrox. Went and got This Is The Sea, which swiftly became an all-time favourite.

A few years later I went to see Simple Minds at the SECC with my brother and The Silencers were the support. Big brer was so impressed he want and got The Silencers' back catalogue.

Strangely enough I still listen to Mike Scott & co and my brother digs out A Blues for Buddha now & again but rarely do we play Street Fighting Years....

I was watching Jools Holland the other night as James were on it. The Gutter Twins only played one track, "Idle Hands" but it was f'k'n magic. Its the first time in years I have bought an album based on hearing one song once. Not only that the album is as good as I hoped.

That's my current ringtone.................. :lol:

Me too. Jools is a good place for hearing new bands without the hype baggage that the musical press place on bands

Saw The Alarm on The Tube circa '84 doing "Absolute Reality". Blew my 12 year old mind. Me, MickeyRamone and Millport are still bouncing around at Alarm gigs 24 years later :kickass

Saw Pete Wylie at King Tuts a few years back, and "Heart As Big As Liverpool" made me run out and by the album. Still one of the best songs I've ever heard. :)

Ah memories Big Chap...saw them do The Stand at Montreux festival...went out got Declaration..and played it every single day for years...Elbow really do suck though.. :P

A lassie in school with my big brother (Jayne Copland*) had a few house parties in which she would invite people by singing "Come on down and meet my neighbours!". :lol:

Edited to add:- *That's Jayne Copland, the name of the lassie my big brother was in school with, not Jayne Copland the name of my big brother. :blink:

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Jayne Copland...now theres a name from the past...The Stand...a lovely warming invite for anyone :lol:

Jayne was a good buddy as well as being a good Buddie. Not seen her in years, but I DO know she's married with a family and, funnily enough, her husband works beside my brother, who is not called Jayne Copland*.

Edited to add:- *that's my brother who is not called Jayne Copland not Jayne Copland's husband who is not called Jayne Copland.

Edited to further add:- actually neither of them are called Jayne Copland.

Edited again to further add:- and, now that she's married, Jayne Copland isn't called Jayne Copland.

Edited yet again to further add:- I think. :blink:

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

The Cooper Temple Clause supporting BRMC at the Academy a couple of years ago.

I went online and ordered their entire back catalogue the following morning. :)

I got offered a ticket for that gig and didnt go... my mates ended up doing shots and drinking all night with the guys from the bands at the after show party in liquid lounge! :angry: then at the T in the Park after that TCTC were in the signing tent, my mates went up to say hello and they remembered them and took us (I was there this time!) into the backstage area for a few beers! good times!

Edited by crudenbud

I got offered a ticket for that gig and didnt go... my mates ended up doing shots and drinking all night with the guys from the bands at the after show party in liquid lounge! :angry: then at the T in the Park after that TCTC were in the signing tent, my mates went up to say hello and they remembered them and took us (I was there this time!) into the backstage area for a few beers! good times!

I was gutted when they split last year as I'd only got the chance to see them once. They were simply outstanding live. :)

Jayne was a good buddy as well as being a good Buddie. Not seen her in years, but I DO know she's married with a family and, funnily enough, her husband works beside my brother, who is not called Jayne Copland*.

Edited to add:- *that's my brother who is not called Jayne Copland not Jayne Copland's husband who is not called Jayne Copland.

Edited to further add:- actually neither of them are called Jayne Copland.

Edited again to further add:- and, now that she's married, Jayne Copland isn't called Jayne Copland.

Edited yet again to further add:- I think. :blink:

NURSE!!!!!!Quick get HHIBSS his pills..

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a Jackie Leven album on the strenghth of Mike Scott being involved in it. Went to see Jackie at the Edinburgh festival , concert cancelled , Jackie bought the wife and I a drink and his promoter gave us his latest album . Jackie told us he would be playing in EK.

Went to EK, where Jackie was supported by the Pearlfishers. Only Davie Scott played as the rest of them were being detained at H.M. pleasure. Went and bought their album on the strenghth of Davies' performance.

Went to see the Waterboys at Barrowlands , Sawdoctors were the support. They put on a good show and one of them came from Johnstone , bought the album.