Darlington V St Mirren

shull

From "Football Guide Website"...........................

Where To Drink?

The stadium is located on the outskirts of Darlington and there are not that many pubs in the vicinity. Steve Duffy informs me; 'There is the Copper Beech Pub on Neasham Road, a ten minute walk towards the town centre. Otherwise there is the Tawny Owl Pub, a Vintage Inn which is about a quarter of a mile the other side of the A66 roundabout. This though is more of a restaurant than pub, but decent enough for lunch'.

It may therefore be an idea to drink in the town centre, where there are plenty of pubs to be found. For the real ale buffs there is the Number Twenty 2, in Coniscliffe Road. A large spacious pub, that offers food as well as a good range of beers. Mick Hubbard a visiting Aston Villa fans adds; 'We ducked down a little side street called Mechanic's Yard (which is opposite the indoor market, near the big train sculpture) and discovered a gem of a pub called the 'Quaker House'. The small bar was an Aladdin's Cave of real ales, having ten on tap. It was a fantastic place and also has a separate cafe upstairs'. There is also a Wetherspoons outlet situated on Skinnersgate.

At the stadium itself there are two bars; one called 'Bar 66' and the other called the 'Corner Bar'. Both admit away fans, however as you would expect they get very crowded. Otherwise alcohol is available on the concourses inside the stadium in the form of Fosters Lager & John Smiths Bitter.

Almost a home game for the Geordie Saints.

From "Football Guide Website"...........................

Where To Drink?

The stadium is located on the outskirts of Darlington and there are not that many pubs in the vicinity. Steve Duffy informs me; 'There is the Copper Beech Pub on Neasham Road, a ten minute walk towards the town centre. Otherwise there is the Tawny Owl Pub, a Vintage Inn which is about a quarter of a mile the other side of the A66 roundabout. This though is more of a restaurant than pub, but decent enough for lunch'.

It may therefore be an idea to drink in the town centre, where there are plenty of pubs to be found. For the real ale buffs there is the Number Twenty 2, in Coniscliffe Road. A large spacious pub, that offers food as well as a good range of beers. Mick Hubbard a visiting Aston Villa fans adds; 'We ducked down a little side street called Mechanic's Yard (which is opposite the indoor market, near the big train sculpture) and discovered a gem of a pub called the 'Quaker House'. The small bar was an Aladdin's Cave of real ales, having ten on tap. It was a fantastic place and also has a separate cafe upstairs'. There is also a Wetherspoons outlet situated on Skinnersgate.

At the stadium itself there are two bars; one called 'Bar 66' and the other called the 'Corner Bar'. Both admit away fans, however as you would expect they get very crowded. Otherwise alcohol is available on the concourses inside the stadium in the form of Fosters Lager & John Smiths Bitter.

Almost a home game for the Geordie Saints.

I wish. I've just been saying in general discussion that i've already booked to go elsewhere that weekend. :(

The part timer didn't bother to go and watch the Saints play Newcastle Utd a few months ago :rolleyes:

Aye, but how many other Saints fans went? :whistle

Apart from that I'm part-timer for sure these days.... 2005/06 22 games, 2006/07 10 games, 2007/08 5 games. :(

I was also there in the late 60's with the Junior Supporters club. We played Darlington and Hartlepool, can't remember the scores. I was 12 or 13 at the time. B)

We had our lunch in the Black Cat Club in Sunderlands Roker Park, and Billy Fulton the Buddies Captain came back up the road on oor bus be cause he was working the next morning..... happy days :)

Excellent stuff, really looking forward to this week.

As I've said I was in Darlington and Blackpool last week, and I did suggest a pre season game with Darlington, as I thought it was a lovely town, not too far from the border and all that, so yeah. Had a few drinks in the town centre which was nice, they also have an avalon (random I know) but will deffo be there again :D