Darlington V St Mirren

shull

Rangers slaughtered by Liverpool :lol:

Hibs lose to Middlesborough :)

Killie beaten by Coventry :)

Inverness lose to Burnley :)

Celtic gubbed by Spurs :lol:

Only Saints (and Dundee Utd) win this weekend. B)

FTOF

Edited by oscar

Here's why I seldom go near that Feeshul site...

Here's Pozbaird's mild wee joke and then his wrist being slapped.

Quote from: pozbaird on August 02, 2008, 05:04 PM

Was Dorman concussed after being hit by a £60 brick thrown in disgust after he was pictured holding one on the website?

Norrie: Uncalled for. :angry:

Been told that Dorman was sitting up after being stretchered off - so hopefully we get some answers when I talk with Gus in and hour or so.

Humour by-pass, I fear. :(

Here's why I seldom go near that Feeshul site...

Here's Pozbaird's mild wee joke and then his wrist being slapped.

Humour by-pass, I fear. :(

I got a wee row on the Official Site about being rude to the "Friends of St mirren"

All i posted was FOSMFCFO and Norrie changed it to FOSMFC**

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

I mentioned previously that Shimmin could only play today as a signed player. Under League Rules clubs can only play a Trialist on only three occasions. Saints would have been fined for playing him today as a Trialist. In any case Gus should have been able to formulate a decision one way or another by this time.

I mentioned previously that Shimmin could only play today as a signed player. Under League Rules clubs can only play a Trialist on only three occasions. Saints would have been fined for playing him today as a Trialist. In any case Gus should have been able to formulate a decision one way or another by this time.

Friendlies have nothing to do with any leagues.

For those who can't access the OS forum or don't want to (due to the arse-kiss of sycophants who frequent it :rolleyes: ), it is reported that the injuries are "nothing to worry about" :)

Edited by Drew

For those who can't access the OS forum or don't want to (due to the arse-kiss of sycophants who frequent it :rolleyes: ), it is reported that the injuries are "nothing to worry about" :)

:lol:

Don't worry,I'm sure you don't fall into that category yourself. :wink:

I've just lifted this from the Darlington Rivals board.

First half we lined up 4-5-1 and were useless. First 10 minutes even shaky in defence, White was raped 3 times, one of the rapings leading to their goal after only 5 minutes. Mirren were better and we offered nothing up top with Proudlock on his own looking either unfit or disinterested or both. Fortune looked dodgy.

Line up was -

Brown

Austin White Foster Fortune

Poole Purdie Kennedy Ravenhill Griffin

Proudlock

Second half we switched to 4-4-2 and we looked a different team, attacking with purpose but still sadly creating nothing more than half chances, the St Mirren defenders were top notch to be fair, there was always an outstretched leg to every throughball, a head to every lob in the box. But I was more than satisfied with the performance, 16 year old Main showing some really good touches. No doubt about it, we do not and never have suited 4-5-1. Blundell and Main came on at half time and we lined up thus -

Brown

Purdie White Foster Fortune

Poole Kennedy Ravenhill Griffin

Blundell Main

Never thought I'd ever say this, but it was good to see Blundell, a recognised striker, back.

Second half, Griffin, Poole and Fortune all seemed to play a lot better.

Midway through the second half, White was forcibly subsituted rather than sent off for being a knob and Miller replaced him, and with about 15 minutes left Ben Muirhead came on.

So we finished as

Brown

Purdie Miller Foster Fortune

Muirhead Kennedy Ravenhill Griffin

Main Blundell

Evans or Robinson did not get on.

We perhaps deserved a draw over 90 minutes, but realistically we are struggling up front BADLY.

We need to get Wright sold and his replacement in so we've got some fit bodies to compete, and hope that Blundell, Proudlock and Abbott are match fit soon - add a strikeforce to our team and we'll be alright. But the longer the non strikeforce goes on, the bigger a worry it is.

Crowd I don't think was announced but I guessed about 800-1,000 with 200ish from St Mirren.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

I mostly use the official forum and if I'm an arse-kisser, then the pope must be a dyed-in-the-silk, purple-and-orange-1690-sash-wearing proddy. :P

Edit: spelling (we are crap as literacy mind you :P)

Edited by Dave M

I mostly use the official forum and if I'm an arse-kisser, then the pope must be a dyed-in-the-silk, purple-and-orange-1690-sash-wearing proddy. :P

Edit: spelling (we are crap as literacy mind you :P )

Another one?

FFS,what's this? The Scotty McClue phone in? :lol:

Haw,Scotty.

You said single mothers get pregnant jist tae get cooncil hooses.

Well,ah'm a single mother and ah didnae get pregnant jist tae get a cooncil hoose.

Another one?

FFS,what's this? The Scotty McClue phone in? :lol:

Haw,Scotty.

You said single mothers get pregnant jist tae get cooncil hooses.

Well,ah'm a single mother and ah didnae get pregnant jist tae get a cooncil hoose.

I DID get pregnant and I didn't get a cooncil hoose. :P

Mehmet's goal was a cracker, curling into the top corner after a few minutes. The first half was a non-event after that and Darlingotn were complete gash. As mentioned above, our defence (no Shimmin) completely controlled everything they could throw at us. Smith looked comfortable throughout and came out well to claim everything he possibly could have done.

Second half they showed a bit more purpose (they've got a couple of nippy wee players, one on the left and one on the right, who I'd take at LS any day) but still didn't stretch our defence at all - they had a couple of chances but comfortable for Smith every time.

We passed it around very nicely without any real cutting edge up front, though I though Mehmet and Hamilton played well, so it's hard to see what the problem is. Our delivery wasn't great and we really lack pace - a couple of times Wyness, whose touch and passing was great, was simply out-run by the last man when a faster player would have been through on goal.

Our passing and possession was frustrating Darlo, and they started lunging into daft tackles. Their big centre half would have been red carded in any other game for a head butt, but the ref just forced a substitution instead. They were dirty bastards, though, and we were genuinely lucky in the end only two players were injured.

I personally didn't rate El Trialist much - couldn't really see what he brought to the side at all.

Overall very positive, I thought, apart from the lack of chances created, but I guess that's just same old Saints. Up until the last third (the last quarter, even) we look very tidy, neat and composed.

Not long back from Darlington. Nice stadium - the bar in the stadium was fairly handy! :lol::cheers

As for the game, we started really well and deservedly took the lead after 4 minutes. McGinn played a great ball to Ross on the right wing, who crossed for Mehmet to curl a peach of a shot into the top corner from the edge of the box. We had a few chances after that which forced Darlo into some last ditch defending or a few saves from the goalie. Then the injuries. Dargo walked off after a heavy challenge and Dorman was strechered off a few minutes later. Hopefully both make speedy recoveries as both played well for the brief time on the park and are key players for us.

2nd half, we controlled the majority of possession with both Mason, McGinn and O'Donnell coming close to scoring. Darlo totally lost their discipline and a few heafty challlenges were made. Their number 4 was subbed wisely as in a comptetive game he would have been off for what looked like a headbutt.

Overall injuries aside we looked okay. Ross was very good, not afraid to get forward and was solid. Potter and Haining were comfortable - Haining was my MOM as he had the Darlo striker in his back pocket and tried to get forward particularly in the 2nd half. El trailist was okay.

Bring on the Celtic!

thought of our passing on Saturday was excellent, and mehmet score a corker of a goal, great stadium, but its a white elephant for them, the locals were saying the only time it had a good crowd in was when elton john played there(wonder what position) had a good day out withe Jaybees guys,

Was in the pub before the game that was full of the Jaybees bus party,good little sing song in the beer garden.Thought the barmaid was a bit OTT though telling the guys to take the flags down because of the wedding. There was no way they would have interfeared with the photos etc as she suggested.

Fair do's to the guys for taking them down though without question.

Edited by stevenston saint