Darlington V St Mirren

shull

Was in the pub before the game that was full of the Jaybees bus party,good little sing song in the beer garden.Thought the barmaid was a bit OTT though telling the guys to take the flags down because of the wedding. There was no way they would have interfeared with the photos etc as she suggested.

Fair do's to the guys for taking them down though without question.

think it was a matter of showing respect to church property, it was me who said to young shane just to take them down, and it was a good wee boozer, good time was had by all

thought of our passing on Saturday was excellent, and mehmet score a corker of a goal, great stadium, but its a white elephant for them, the locals were saying the only time it had a good crowd in was when elton john played there(wonder what position) had a good day out withe Jaybees guys,

He also holds the Record Attendance for McDiarmid Park ahead of Billy Graham..... :blink:

The Fakes are thousands behind them :lol:

Stockton was really good too.

Sunny Foxbar Saint, Hhibss, Taxi Saint and myself had a thoroughly good time culminating in the FREE concert including a set from the Happy Mondays

No doubt SFS will be on late to post his pics (including the ones of our lovely tour guides Louise & Elaine)

Edited by facepainter87

Arrived back home at around 9.30pm the nite after having an overnight stay in Newcastle:) Great weekend, but my only regret is missing the goal:( Was having a pint in the enclosure downstairs, thinking that Eff all would happen within the first 5 mins...and it did! Hear rave reviews of the goal though.

From my personal opinion, i didn't think that we looked as if we got out of 1st gear, and that it looked merely like a fitness exercise for the players.

The trialist , i thought done not too badly.He wasn't a standout, but he didn't do owt wrong imo over the 90.

felt really concerned for dorman. It got to the stage where Andy Millen ran on to the park to check on him and the first aid wanks took about a day and a half to finally get to our player :angry:

Overall, tremendous weekend. Really enjoyed meeting some familiar noggings in the boot n shoe beer garden:)

Few pics from ame attached!:)

post-1218-1217804844_thumb.jpg

post-1218-1217804961_thumb.jpg

post-1218-1217805052_thumb.jpg

A bit late, but here's a few more pics from sunny Darlo. :)

post-1776-1218036486_thumb.jpgpost-1776-1218036494_thumb.jpg

post-1776-1218036501_thumb.jpgpost-1776-1218036519_thumb.jpg

post-1776-1218036541_thumb.jpgpost-1776-1218036596_thumb.jpg

post-1776-1218036684_thumb.jpgpost-1776-1218036714_thumb.jpg

post-1776-1218036730_thumb.jpgpost-1776-1218036744_thumb.jpg

post-1776-1218036762_thumb.jpg

edited to add... :lol: Just noticed, in the 7th pic down, big Skoda's trying to mark his territory on the seat. :lol:

Canny take him anywhere!

post-1776-1218036639_thumb.jpg

Edited by Herbie

Look at all those "St Mirren hooligans" at the pub - name and shame the lot of them.

We'll be seeing that "firm" on Crimewatch if Stuart Dickson has anything to do with it.

I know. I'd love to "Boot and Shoe" him right in his chins.

Maybe we should point out the smiling policewoman in one of them.

Fuxake, the guy sitting in front of me seems enthralled...didn't think it was that boring a game.

Where are you, Tom? I'm sat centre-left with my hands behind my head... The guy sat to my left was the one getting told off by the fecking ridiculous stewards for putting his feet on the seat. It was insane.

• 4 months later...

Stolen from the Northern Echo..................

Darlington fans in court over street fight

3:09pm Tuesday 13th January 2009

Photograph of the Author By Paul Cook »

NINE football fans have appeared in court charged with offences relating to a mass street fight following a pre-season friendly.

The Darlington fans, aged between 17 and 44, appeared in front of the town's magistrates today in connection with a fight involving up to 50 men.

All nine, and a tenth man whose presence was excused, were originally charged with violent disorder.

However those charges have been changed to affray, with the original charge to lie on file.

Prosecuting Blair Martin said the brawl happened at 5pm on August 2 following a pre-season friendly between Darlington and Scottish Premier League side St Mirren.

The fight, which spread across the market square in Darlington, was captured on CCTV cameras. Footage was shown to the court.

Magistrates declined jurisdiction for the case. A committal hearing for nine of the men will take place in March before their case is heard at crown court.

Eight of those were Darlington fans who all lived in the town. They were Malcolm Campbell, 25, of Shildon Street, Dominic Vincent Cosgrove, 39, of Roslyn Street, Lee Davidson, 25, of Peabody Street, John Reynoldson, 44, of Lowson Street, Nigel Jason Rochester, 36, of North Road, Scott Andrew Turner, 18, of Henry Street, Wayne William Thomas Turner, 22, of Alnwick Place, and John William Derek Wilkinson, 34, of Dunelm Walk.

One St Mirren fan, **** ********, **, of Renfrew Road, Paisley, was excused from attending court.

None entered a plea. They will all reappear on March 10. They were given conditional bail not to go near Darlington FCs ground from three hours before a home game until two hours afterwards. Mr Cosgrove, Mr Davidson and Mr Turner also must not attend a town where Darlington are playing an away fixture.

A 17-year-old boy from Darlington, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty to the charge. He will return to court on Friday.

Stolen from the Northern Echo..................

Darlington fans in court over street fight

3:09pm Tuesday 13th January 2009

Photograph of the Author By Paul Cook »

NINE football fans have appeared in court charged with offences relating to a mass street fight following a pre-season friendly.

The Darlington fans, aged between 17 and 44, appeared in front of the town's magistrates today in connection with a fight involving up to 50 men.

All nine, and a tenth man whose presence was excused, were originally charged with violent disorder.

However those charges have been changed to affray, with the original charge to lie on file.

Prosecuting Blair Martin said the brawl happened at 5pm on August 2 following a pre-season friendly between Darlington and Scottish Premier League side St Mirren.

The fight, which spread across the market square in Darlington, was captured on CCTV cameras. Footage was shown to the court.

Magistrates declined jurisdiction for the case. A committal hearing for nine of the men will take place in March before their case is heard at crown court.

Eight of those were Darlington fans who all lived in the town. They were Malcolm Campbell, 25, of Shildon Street, Dominic Vincent Cosgrove, 39, of Roslyn Street, Lee Davidson, 25, of Peabody Street, John Reynoldson, 44, of Lowson Street, Nigel Jason Rochester, 36, of North Road, Scott Andrew Turner, 18, of Henry Street, Wayne William Thomas Turner, 22, of Alnwick Place, and John William Derek Wilkinson, 34, of Dunelm Walk.

One St Mirren fan, **** ********, **, of Renfrew Road, Paisley, was excused from attending court.

None entered a plea. They will all reappear on March 10. They were given conditional bail not to go near Darlington FCs ground from three hours before a home game until two hours afterwards. Mr Cosgrove, Mr Davidson and Mr Turner also must not attend a town where Darlington are playing an away fixture.

A 17-year-old boy from Darlington, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty to the charge. He will return to court on Friday.

Hope the St. Mirren fan gets away with it.....................

An absolute shame that this unfortunate event had to happen. I, for one, thouroughly enjoyed the weekend in Darlington and felt that a warm welcome was given to or merry band of supporters. Both Darlington as a club and town gave an exceedingly high impression to myself and my fellow compadres'.

Hopefully this unsavoury incident will not tarnish the good name of the St. Mirren faithful too highly.