Download Problems

northendsaint

I returned from holiday to find that my daughters pal had put AVG on our computer.The result of this is an annoying popup saying toolbar cannot something AVG.I also cannot download anything at all as it just flash,s and disappears.You may have gathered by now that i am feckin hopeless with computers and your assistance is much appreciated.Thank you in advance.

Try uninstalling it and see it there is any change.

Go to Start->All Programs->AVG (it might be called AVG Free)->uninstall AVG (Free)

Is it not a better idea to have a look at the settings first and see if they can be chanegd to allow authorised downloads? If no decent anti-virus then NES should try and keep AVG in my opinion.

I returned from holiday to find that my daughters pal had put AVG on our computer.The result of this is an annoying popup saying toolbar cannot something AVG.I also cannot download anything at all as it just flash,s and disappears.You may have gathered by now that i am feckin hopeless with computers and your assistance is much appreciated.Thank you in advance.

AVG doesn't conflict with any other programs (apart from a few other anti-virus programs), so unless you had other anti-virus software installed I doubt very much it is AVG that's the problem!!

As Stoi said check out your AVG settings and make sure they allow downloads...AVG is just about the best free anti-virus software around!!

Is it just MS Windows toolbar you have installed??

I actually quite like AVG, infact I prefer the free edition to most AV's that you pay for. It's easy to use, doesn'y get in the way of the normal stuff you're doing plus is awright with games as well (which many of the others aren't).

If you've tried uninstalling it and it still doesn'y work, it's probably not AVG that's the problem. It sounds like a firewall setting maybe (do you have Zone Alarm or anything installed?).

If not try taking off AVG and everything else you have recently installed until you get your downloads working again.

Plus give that lassie a slap for putting stuff on your computer when you're on holiday... :lol: