Your Favourite Ever Pub In Paisley...................

FTOF

Over the years (some of us more thab others) you will all have undoubtedly experienced the delights of the many drinking establishments in our beloved town.

As it says at the top, which one was/is your favourite ever pub?

Feel free to give reasons why.

Mine was The Wine Bar [of Laverty's fame] at the bottom of New Street.

Two bars of a very different nature, good beer and good looking birds.Followed by the bus to the cotton club if one wasn't too pished.

Oh and I was young and carefree then. :(:D

FTOF - we must be of a similar vintage - Wine Bar circa 86-88 was one of my haunts followed by a trip on the boogie bus to the CC. Great pub in its heyday and was surprisingly *** and JJ free.

Also used to like the Craig Dhu (or Finlays as it was then) when we jumped off the Barrhead bus.

Worst pubs would be Kennedys (****) or Wig and Pen (JJs).

For different reason's.....

Minstros, New Street - First pub I properly drunk in every weekend at about 17 or so.

Laverty's Wine Bar - For reasons already mentioned.

The Clachan, Neilston Road - Some beltin' after work deathers in there when I worked for Blue Dart up the road.

Could go on forever mind wi this kinda question.

FTOF - we must be of a similar vintage - Wine Bar circa 86-88 was one of my haunts followed by a trip on the boogie bus to the CC. Great pub in its heyday and was surprisingly *** and JJ free.

Those were indeed the days!

Although once it went off the boil, so to speak, we virtually lived in Corkers for about six years.I used to give my address as "The round table",Corkers.

FFS I even "worked" in it for a short time, until they tried to make us wear red and white stripey waistcoats. :lol:

Need to split it into bevvy eons:

For underage drinking Kennedy's was ideal for 1st Year bevvying exploits.

Seedy Backchat, Paris and the Wine Bar were next up.

Carnegies was a regular haunt later on including the Bonkers bus.

Extending this beyond Paisley, the best pub in all Renfrewshire was The Bird in the Hand.

Need to split it into bevvy eons:

For underage drinking Kennedy's was ideal for 1st Year bevvying exploits.

Seedy Backchat, Paris and the Wine Bar were next up.

Carnegies was a regular haunt later on including the Bonkers bus.

Extending this beyond Paisley, the best pub in all Renfrewshire was The Bird in the Hand.

I played for pool Team in Borrheid and played against a lot of Teams in Renfrewshire.

Played in The Bird in the Hand and it was my favorite establishment.

On the other hand, The Osprey wisnae and neither was the the then called Ponderosa in Linwood.

The Rosebud was very scary although they were by far the best Pool Team.

I played for pool Team in Borrheid and played against a lot of Teams in Renfrewshire.

Played in The Bird in the Hand and it was my favorite establishment.

On the other hand, The Osprey wisnae and neither was the the then called Ponderosa in Linwood.

The Rosebud was very scary although they were by far the best Pool Team.

I only played for the pool team once in an away fixture. It was in a boozers at the top of King Street, cannae mind its name. I scored the winning shot but didn't fancy celebrating too much. They took it well though.

When I was younger (A LOT), a squad of us used to meet back room in the Tudor every Monday evening - that was 'nice' - and I suppose we might have been 'the fanny', cos there was always... er.. chicks....

A few of my Buddies had last 'Paisley' nights in the Creag Dubh afore moving elsewhere,

cos it was always a favourite pub. Still is.

The Station has always been mah favoured local haunt - but has changed - mibbe too much - but I dunno since last I was up.

THE constant - so I always happily stagger in - and out - of there is the Bull Inn.

All those pubs are in easy walk from 'home'. They're in the heart of MY town.

Apart from family and friends, they are the heart of my town.

Even though I'm a very happy Lahndahner... :)

Edited by chingford

Minstros, New Street - First pub I properly drunk in every weekend at about 17 or so.

That was also a favourite haunt of mine.Especially since we knew one of the barmaids.

Cheap beer? Let's just say a button got us round on one occasion.

However due to such blatant acts of fraud she didn't last too long in that job. :lol:

I seem to remember Schlitz and latterly Red Stripe being the beers of choice.

Ah yes.. the 'Laser Juke' same system as in the Stag's Head. I get the feeling we may have enjoyed the Warrant 'Cherry Pie' video within the same room... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdDxz2bkfhE

Did that used to be The Cellar before that?

When we were in 6th year we used to walk up from the JNHS remove our ties and have a couple of pints in there. :lol: