Your Favourite Ever Pub In Paisley...................

FTOF

where do you start

I loved the silver thread for the live music & chat though it could be very rough Same could be said for the Abercorn bar or lounge where they had 2 barmen who were around 4' 11" tall, most nights some punter would lean over the bar, peer down at the midget potmen and declare "I see we're short staffed again".

The new bar, in Nessie's day, was a second home to me and the lads only a short stagger from valentino's

The Tudor for pre-post match swally and those legendary rolls with steamed sausage in the onion gravy, which had to be carefully hadled or the combinbation of melted butter and gravy rolled down your wrist and up your sleeve.

In the 80s I liked Jack daniels/Bubbles lounge

These days it's the tile for the post-match analysis and SFS' Guiness balancing act, but the quality of a pint is variable to say the least

Did that used to be The Cellar before that?

When we were in 6th year we used to walk up from the JNHS remove our ties and have a couple of pints in there. :lol:

My 'Cellar' years were from about 1989 onwards, until about 1998 or 1999 when I shifted up to Firhill. By the time I came back everyone had moved on and it's just not got the same vibe anymore. :cheers

It was still Pat's Bar when I started, and as I remember it, it was called something daft like 'Sloanes' or summat for a while in the mid to late eighties, waistcoated barstaff and a pretention of grandeur etc.

In that case it's Lang's.

Ah, Langs, the pub with the trough below the bar, so that jakkies could do a pee without having to go to the toilet (I've been assured that only happened in olden days, though I'm not so sure).

My favs are still the Bull and Paddy's, also liked Make for the Border, and the Art Centre in the early 90's. The Clubhouse was good, but not strictly a boozer, more a club, so not sure that counts. Plus walking up the stairs to the toilets was always a bugger when you were pished. The Cellar / Pats was also good in the early 90's, and the Bar Point was the only decent pub in the whole West End of Paisley (especially when Pierro was the owner and they had live comedy on every Saturday night).

My 'Cellar' years were from about 1989 onwards, until about 1998 or 1999 when I shifted up to Firhill. By the time I came back everyone had moved on and it's just not got the same vibe anymore. :cheers

It was still Pat's Bar when I started, and as I remember it, it was called something daft like 'Sloanes' or summat for a while in the mid to late eighties, waistcoated barstaff and a pretention of grandeur etc.

It was 1983 when we were chancing our collective arms.

Old bastard that I am. :lol:

friarshall lounge,freebird on the jukebox,and that special smell in the air.

I seem to remember traipsing up there from Shuttle Street [in it's Shuttles, Earl of Cranby, Latin Quarter days], because it had a late licence until one, unlike some of the pubs in shuttle street. :unsure:

You could get wee bags of peanuts from a machine, which invariably ended up in each other's pints.How childish. :)

I seem to remember traipsing up there from Shuttle Street [in it's Shuttles, Earl of Cranby, Latin Quarter days], because it had a late licence until one, unlike some of the pubs in shuttle street. :unsure:

You could get wee bags of peanuts from a machine, which invariably ended up in each other's pints.How childish. :)

Anyone remember, the original pre -revamp Shuttles had barmaids wearing basques , or is that just the fevered imagination of an old lecherous git ? :wink: