Top 5 Things To Do

Stoi

In no particular order...

1. Walk north along Macrahanish Beach (and if you carry on a wee bit norf ver a very rocky stretch, there's a nice pub on another nice beach.)

2. Walk south along Macrahanish Beach (and if you carry on a wee bit souf, there's a nice pub.)

3. Walk aross the causeway to see the painting in the cave on Davaar Island then walk round the base of the cliffs and mibbe go up top before crossing back to the mainland and a pub in Cammlton.

4. Walk down to the lighthouses at the end of the Mull, look across to Ireland, consider walking north along the cliffs, walk back to your car and drive to a pub.

5. Check out some of the pubs.

Well, Stoi, what did you do? did you go to my sister's place? did you go to the Machrihanish pub's quiz night hosted by Tom fae Tarbert?

Did you drive round the Leerside Road? the famous single tracked east coast roller coaster?

Did you learn to say hoot?

c'mon, tell us!

I did that quiz once but I dunno if it was Tom fae Tarbert that was the quizmaster. I asked what the prize for getting first was and got told "You get first".

Didnae win but it was good fun. And can you believe that was the first time I'd heard of Deer Island?!

Where are you staying?

Have you played Dunaverty before?

My dads got a caravan at Southend so staying there.

Never played Dunaverty before. Had lunch in the clubhouse a few times though. My parents are members, they say it's short but really nice and the greens there are better than Machrihanish ? :unsure:

Playing Dunaverty Thursday night, Machrihanish friday morning, Dunaverty in the afternoon then Machrihanish again on Saturday followed by 1 or 2 beers :) looking forward to it.

The greens at Dunaverty are better though.....and although short the course is most certainly not easy.

David is the golf pro at Paisley and should master this course with ease.I will be meandering along Inverness toon centre hopefully in as straight a line as Davids golf baws. :)

David is the golf pro at Paisley and should master this course with ease.I will be meandering along Inverness toon centre hopefully in as straight a line as Davids golf baws. :)

Last pro-am of the year for me on Saturday at Machrihanish so I hope I'm not going to zig zag my way round the golf course like you will round Inverness :lol:

just wait till David goes for the green in two at the 17th....he will plop it right into the burn!

Is it a par 5???

I'll let you know if I stick it in the burn or not.

In no particular order...

1. Walk north along Macrahanish Beach (and if you carry on a wee bit norf ver a very rocky stretch, there's a nice pub on another nice beach.)

2. Walk south along Macrahanish Beach (and if you carry on a wee bit souf, there's a nice pub.)

The beach is really superb. Though the day I encountered the remains of a dead and rank smelling seal will remain in my memory for some time. I smelled the bluidy thing about 300 yards before I found the remains.

Walking around the extreme southern tip is lovely, looking west is Arran, great sight.

Lovely campsite at Macrahanish though it can get a bit noisy when hercs are taking of from the airbase.