Ebay Query

Stoi

I have never really used ebay before and dont have access at work so not sure the rules. Basically i won a bid this morning for 2 Connect festival tickets for £100. The seller then emailed me and said she actually had a reserve of £160 on these even tho this wasnt mentioned on the ad. She said she had tried to add this.

Basically unless i pay her £160 she wont sell me the tickets. Is this not against the rules? I thought once a bid was finished there was a legal agreement? Basically have now missed the chance on other tickets by bidding on hers.

Shouldnt have trusted somone from Livinstone. :angry:

I have never really used ebay before and dont have access at work so not sure the rules. Basically i won a bid this morning for 2 Connect festival tickets for £100. The seller then emailed me and said she actually had a reserve of £160 on these even tho this wasnt mentioned on the ad. She said she had tried to add this.

Basically unless i pay her £160 she wont sell me the tickets. Is this not against the rules? I thought once a bid was finished there was a legal agreement? Basically have now missed the chance on other tickets by bidding on hers.

Shouldnt have trusted somone from Livinstone. :angry:

Nothing to add other than report the treacherous cow. :P

If you get a ticket though, I'll see you on Saturday. :)

Might also be able to sort you out with a freebie for Sunday as Jnr Herbie won tickets and we're not going that day.

edited to add, there is a forum on eBay that deals with all this kind of stuff. I've used it before and it's usually really helpful if you're not sure what to do.

This might help, but doesn't look too promising.

Edited by Herbie

Nothing to add other than report the treacherous cow. :P

If you get a ticket though, I'll see you on Saturday. :)

Might also be able to sort you out with a freebie for Sunday as Jnr Herbie won tickets and we're not going that day.

edited to add, there is a forum on eBay that deals with all this kind of stuff. I've used it before and it's usually really helpful if you're not sure what to do.

This might help, but doesn't look too promising.

Cheers Herbie,

We are just going to go on the Sunday now meaning i get to see us hump Aberdeen! :wink: Dont suppose the Sunday tickets have camping do they?

Hiya, didn't want to start a new thread as this is another gripe over that s-hite site!

I'm having an issue with a stroppy biatch on Ebay too.

Bought goods, they were not authentic and as they say on Ebay 'Significantly not as described'.

I emailed her and mentioned it was not what i expected you led me to believe it was an authentic item.

She replied fair enough and said I should send back for a refund..... (she did not say it wasnt an official item either though but i think i've got a stronger claim)

HOWEVER the actual postage for the item was in brown paper wrapping and totalled £1.84, she originally charged £6.00 (i thought the firkin thing was heavy ok?!) and now she has emailed to say that she will refund what i bid not what i paid which was that and her blooming stooooooopid p&p. So then I'm completely out of pocket.

I'm at a loss here (literally), what would you do apart from 1.writing a very precise email telling her to get off her crazy postage planet or 2. telling ebay and paypal cos like they're gonna do shit all!

So what would you advise ?

I am quite angry and thought best to wait then reply to her cruddy email

Edited by elvira

Hiya, didn't want to start a new thread as this is another gripe over that s-hite site!

Bought goods, they were not authentic and as they say on Ebay 'Significantly not as described'.

I emailed her and mentioned it was not what i expected you never said product was not an official authentic item.

She replied fair enough and said I should send back for a refund.....

HOWEVER the actual postage for the item was in brown paper wrapping and totalled £1.84, she originally charged £6.00 (i thought the firkin thing was heavy ok?!) and now she has emailed to say that she will refund what i bid not what i paid which was that and her blooming stooooooopid p&p. So then I'm completely out of pocket.

I'm at a loss here (literally), what would you do apart from 1.writing a very precise email telling her to get off her crazy postage planet or 2. telling ebay and paypal cos like they're gonna do shit all!

I emailed her and mentioned it was not what i expected you led me to believe it was an authentic item.

She replied fair enough and said I should send back for a refund..... (she did not say it wasnt an official item either though but i think i've got a stronger claim)

Blatant post-building. :rolleyes:

Come on wise men, I said to the seller I would be in touch today.

Checked and she sent another email saying she would only refund what I bid (not the P&P) but surely that includes the darn postage.

This is crap

Check her listing and see if it mentions that shipping costs are non returnable and her general return policy. I doubt you can force her to pay you your costs back but remember you can now leave appropriate feedback without fear of her leaving you negative feedback as sellers are no longer allowed to do this.

You wont get much joy from ebay for the return of shipping costs even if she has misrepresented her item or otherwise sent you a defective or non OEM item.

I'd say that you have lost your shipping costs but that you should make it clear to her that you are unhappy and you will have no other course of action but to leave appropriate feedback and to report her to ebay.

Edited by ped

Check her listing and see if it mentions that shipping costs are non returnable and her general return policy. I doubt you can force her to pay you your costs back but remember you can now leave appropriate feedback without fear of her leaving you negative feedback as sellers are no longer allowed to do this.

You wont get much joy from ebay for the return of shipping costs even if she has misrepresented her item or otherwise sent you a defective or non OEM item.

I'd say that you have lost your shipping costs but that you should make it clear to her that you are unhappy and you will have no other course of action but to leave appropriate feedback and to report her to ebay.

Hiya Ped thanks :)

It states nothing about shipping costs just returns have to be within 14 days. I am writing to her to express my disgust and will (I'm trying this to see lol!) be prepared to accept more than what she offered but less than what i paid.

And then i will be reporting her to ebay, what would section would i be reporting her for.

Now next question do i send recorded or just get proof of postage? i can feel a battle is on the cards :(

Hiya Ped thanks :)

It states nothing about shipping costs just returns have to be within 14 days. I am writing to her to express my disgust and will (I'm trying this to see lol!) be prepared to accept more than what she offered but less than what i paid.

And then i will be reporting her to ebay, what would section would i be reporting her for.

Now next question do i send recorded or just get proof of postage? i can feel a battle is on the cards :(

This page might help...

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/report_problem.html