Ebay Rants

elvira

Right here we go. This happened to my cousin today and she's passed this onto me as I'm ranting Ebay lady (so it seems!!!)

Right she buys item, gets delivered (late, thanks Royal Mail, package states fragile) and the item is broken and therefore useless. She contacts seller who says fine, give you the money back and half of the postage.

Wait a freakin minute here, half the postage? Can this seller do this? Do they have to refund anything? Is it full costings or what? :angry:

Also if and I've told her to send the item back to the seller anyway, I believe she should be paid for that postage too.

Who is in the right or what here? :angry:

No crappy replies from so and so's who have nothing better to do than post build!! :lol:

**PS I'm never again buying firk all from blooming ebay as all its seems to do is give me grief and I lose my sanity in the process.** :angry:

Right here we go. This happened to my cousin today and she's passed this onto me as I'm ranting Ebay lady (so it seems!!!)

Right she buys item, gets delivered (late, thanks Royal Mail, package states fragile) and the item is broken and therefore useless. She contacts seller who says fine, give you the money back and half of the postage.

Wait a freakin minute here, half the postage? Can this seller do this? Do they have to refund anything? Is it full costings or what? :angry:

Also if and I've told her to send the item back to the seller anyway, I believe she should be paid for that postage too.

No crappy replies from so and so's who have nothing better to do than post build!! :lol:

**PS I'm never again buying firk all from blooming ebay as all its seems to do is give me grief and I lose my sanity in the process.** :angry:

aye and naw !!! :P

Blame Royal Mail as usual, probably wasn't packed right...............

If she's paid via paypal she's covered although the process is a pain...............

PS:to lose SANITY one must have initially had SANITY..................

Hope this helps.......................

The seller must return delivery cost but can demand that you pay to return the item. :wink:

Blame Royal Mail as usual, probably wasn't packed right...............

If she's paid via paypal she's covered although the process is a pain...............

PS:to lose SANITY one must have initially had SANITY..................

Hope this helps.......................

Erse! :P

I seen the packaging, looked quite sturdy but nevermind, how long does the paypal process take?

Ok

The power of modern technology gifts me a forwarded email sent on from the 'Seller'!

And the following comes direct from them:

"there is no need to return the item.

the only other option i can offer is i will send you a replacement item on the understanding that you pay the cost of the postage.otherwise all i can do is give you the refund on the item plus half of the postage cost of the original item.

hope this is of assistance"

What ?!!!!

does that mean they are talking complete cheese?

Where does it say they have to? I have been hunting for this and cannot find much. The forums are very long winded and can take hours to wade through.

Help? :unsure:

I've got an ebay shop and I'm pretty sure what I said is correct.

Here is the link.

Clicky

Under the Distance Selling Regulations, buyers have a period of 7 working days after the date of delivery within which they can cancel the contract (often referred to as the "cooling off" period) and get their money back, including the original postage and packing charges. You must refund the original delivery charges. However, you are permitted to require the buyer to pay for the cost of returning the item, but only if you clearly inform the buyer of this before the contract is made

Same would apply if the goods are faulty as far as I'm aware.

I've got an ebay shop and I'm pretty sure what I said is correct.

Here is the link.

Clicky

Same would apply if the goods are faulty as far as I'm aware.

At least you're honest about your ebaying unlike Shull who says that looks good and posts a link to his own stuff.........

He even stole my old handle and reversed it...............

What's your shop called...............?

At least you're honest about your ebaying unlike Shull who says that looks good and posts a link to his own stuff.........

Golf Pro Shop Sales, nothing on it just now though.

Sell stuff I can't shift in my shop.

Did you no steal mine ? B)

• 3 weeks later...