Downloading Music

stuartsmfc

Any ideas? I have a brand new laptop and need some songs, was going to use iTunes but they charge 79p per song. I know some of the programmes you get can knacker computers and slow them down with pop ups and stuff, so don't want any of that. Cheers :P

Google is your friend.

A wee dig around using words like "download", "blog", "rapidshare", "megaupload", "mediafire", coupled with the name of what you are looking for, should throw up a few options. :wink:

Any ideas? I have a brand new laptop and need some songs, was going to use iTunes but they charge 79p per song. I know some of the programmes you get can knacker computers and slow them down with pop ups and stuff, so don't want any of that. Cheers :P

What's that meant to mean? Mr and Mrs Itunes have a business to run, a family to feed and house to keep so if you grudge paying £0.79 or whatever it is for a tune then don't f**king buy one and stop your constant whining. Simple as that!

It is indeed simple :P:lol::rolleyes:

What's that meant to mean? Mr and Mrs Itunes have a business to run, a family to feed and house to keep so if you grudge paying £0.79 or whatever it is for a tune then don't f**king buy one and stop your constant whining. Simple as that!

It is indeed simple :P:lol::rolleyes:

Thats why I don't buy it :lol: look up the word constant btw!

http://www.mp3fiesta.com

its an american website, so everything is priced in dollars, but it works out at around £1 for most albums.

I put a tenners worth in it a few month ago and hadn't been on it for a while. Went back at the end of last week to see how much money was in my account and they ended up giving me $10 free to spend.

100% legal and virus free website :)

Edited by kevo_smfc

• 3 weeks later...

The torrent sites that a few posters have spoken about previous are OK for albums...

I feel dirty for admitting this but I've been pretty lazy recently and have been paying £1 per song and downloading from T-Mobiles jukebox onto my phone...

Limewire was an old flame of mine for single songs but I've noticed that Real Player allows you to download off YouTube...

I have just downloaded micrsoft word from limewire on a .zip format can any clever person tell me what to do now using windows XP

Thanks in anticipation,

Stan

Since it's Christmas, yule have to extract it using WinZip or summit similur...

click

Edited to add: 'member to virus scan it first ;)

Edited by Svensen

http://www.mp3fiesta.com

its an american website, so everything is priced in dollars, but it works out at around £1 for most albums.

I put a tenners worth in it a few month ago and hadn't been on it for a while. Went back at the end of last week to see how much money was in my account and they ended up giving me $10 free to spend.

100% legal and virus free website :)

that sounds like the one for me - i wouldn't chance any but legal - i have the feckin luck of Mr Bean!

noo im a wee bit daft when it comes to this malarky - would i be right in thinking i can dowload to computer then 'burn' to cd? also could i transfer it to phone? i got a new shiny one yesterday a nokia 6500 slide apparently :blink:

I have just downloaded micrsoft word from limewire on a .zip format can any clever person tell me what to do now using windows XP

Thanks in anticipation,

Stan

Best to avoid downloading .exe files from limewire. You can get genuine office for buttons through the student software schemes. If you have a kid, nephew, neighbours kid at school then you get the full office suite for less than a ticket to see St Mirren.