Weather

gc_SMFC

I stay in foxbar and my house was shaking,didnt see the flash.Mum thought a plane had came down.

Didn't realise the Playboy Mansion was in Foxbar ? :huh:

As for the weather, my mate in Skelmorlie said his cat came through the cat flap without touching the sides, just before all the car alarms in the street went off. I think Ming the Merciless is up to his old tricks again.

Was driving up Springbank Road didn't hear the thunder due to the music in the car but near shit myself at the giant fork of lightning in front of me. When i stopped at my bosses house he was hanging out his window trying to see where the explosion was.

Thank feck you all heard it too - I had to hang up on my mate to leg it to the window expecting to see a plane falling out the sky - totally crapped it.

when we were on holiday this year i thought oor time had come - now to let you know - when im asleep im asleep! Gilly could come in the room playing the bagpipes and i wouldnt as much as blink! well this night I woke up with the noise and it was getting closer - i knew it was a plane and I honestly was terrified to look out the window - it was horrendous i thought it was going to come through the hotel gilly woke up and the two of us lay there, quite truthfully waiting for it. I have never experienced anything like that in my life. 'just a low flying plane' feck if the hotel had another floor it would have been gone!

whatever it was we heard it in glenburn too

Also as far a field as Barrhead - one flash (thought my daft neighbour was out back taking pictures of his budgies) and then a huge clap of thunder - follow by a really heavy hail storm - it looked as if it had been snowing.

I'm glad I dropped in here tonight as I thought maybe I was imagining it too!

Wife thought that a train had derailed and was coming in the back door.

Just one major flash and then straight after it a mighty rumble that seemed to come from absolutely nowhere. You expect it in the summer but that was totally out of the blue and fecking noisy!!