Ipod Nano 3rd Gen

tam

Anyone any good with ipods, im trying to fix one for my parents its as stated an ipod nano 3rd gen, i have the newest nano and everything works fine but this 3rd gen one shows a message saying "ipod detected but not identified" when i try to use it with itunes, its been attempted on 3 different pcs now and ive tried going through all the 5rs etc on apple.com but with no progress whatsoever. Im getting closer to chucking the thing out the window so any help would be appreciated.

Anyone any good with ipods, im trying to fix one for my parents its as stated an ipod nano 3rd gen, i have the newest nano and everything works fine but this 3rd gen one shows a message saying "ipod detected but not identified" when i try to use it with itunes, its been attempted on 3 different pcs now and ive tried going through all the 5rs etc on apple.com but with no progress whatsoever. Im getting closer to chucking the thing out the window so any help would be appreciated.

C'mon, tam, they're no that heavy. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

TRS (total repair solutions) in Inchinnan business park are a mobile phone repair centre but they are also an accredited Apple repair centre. they fix ipods, ibooks, macs etc, both in and out of warranty. you could give them a go.

TRS (total repair solutions) in Inchinnan business park are a mobile phone repair centre but they are also an accredited Apple repair centre. they fix ipods, ibooks, macs etc, both in and out of warranty. you could give them a go.

Might give them a try im in there regulary with work but i thought they just fixed phones, i asked the guy on Moss st that "fixes" phones if he could do anything but he said it would be at least £35 for what im sure will be 30 seconds work if you know what your doing.