Ian Harte Agrees to sign but changes mind!!!

agree its a good signing and he is top drawer at free kicks...but one thing puzzles me..crosses into the box?

who for?

on the other hand,after his wee stunt here maybe he will like it and sign for another year......now if that were to happen that would be brilliant for us as im sure Mr Harte could persuade some of his gifted "pals" to come up and sign for us next season....its a possibility :)

If he played in an earlier round of the FA Cup does this effect his eligibility in other domestic cup competitions? I'm sure there's also a rule about getting a player's registration in before a cut off point for cup ties. Cillian Sheridan is able to play for Motherwell so hoping Harte could at least be considered for selection?

If he played in an earlier round of the FA Cup does this effect his eligibility in other domestic cup competitions? I'm sure there's also a rule about getting a player's registration in before a cut off point for cup ties. Cillian Sheridan is able to play for Motherwell so hoping Harte could at least be considered for selection?

I don't see how it would be a problem, Steven Thompson played in the FA cup for Brighton against...Hartlepool was it? And he was allowed to play against Brechin. However this piece of uncertainty was what lead to a Brechin fan going on the wind up saying we were going to get kicked out of the competition :rolleyes:

Ian Harte will be available for selection on Saturday.

On paper this looks like a terrific signing, but like every player, you have to wait and see them in a few games before we can make a judgement.

One thing is for sure though, we won't be missing any more penalties if he is playing B)

I agree with this as we do need to wait to see him play.

For instance look at Tonet. On paper looks like the biggest waste of space and when playing seems like....well, the biggest waste of space.

Wait! Has he played? Is he still injured? Is he still in Paisley or has he gone back to Spain?

We should, at the next home game, dress him like where’s Walley. :P

Would be good if we could get players permanently as that’s both Harte and Miranda on loan until end of season and Cuthbert too. If we could secure (not going into finances etc) all of them to stay at saints then I would be very happy. Hopefully maybe get a big presence goal scorer up front and I would be very, very happy indeed.

On a separate note I'm glad to see the saints fans and St Mirren football club being optimistic on here and on the playing field. All we need to do is get right behind them, for them to be confident and we will hopefully start scoring more goals and be in a position in the table that the team and the fans deserve.

The futures bright, the future's BLACK and WHITE!!!

I agree with this as we do need to wait to see him play.

For instance look at Tonet. On paper looks like the biggest waste of space and when playing seems like....well, the biggest waste of space.

Wait! Has he played? Is he still injured? Is he still in Paisley or has he gone back to Spain?

We should, at the next home game, dress him like where’s Walley. :P

Would be good if we could get players permanently as that’s both Harte and Miranda on loan until end of season and Cuthbert that

Harte isn't on loan, he is however one of 12 (think that's right) players out of contract in the summer.

Edited by davidg

Ian was getting the tour of the new stadium on Monday and signed there and then. Gus is getting it right up the knickerwetting boo boys. Has to be the wind up of the year. :lol:

A very good signing and not a disimilar player to Franco so he will slot right in to the way we have been playing recently. A very, very good time to be a Saints fan. :)

Did he bump into Steven Smith while being given the tour :rolleyes:

I hate to be negative but I watched the Blackpool v Wolves game and he was awful. He was miles off the pace and was substituted embarrassingly early because the Wolves winger was giving him a torrid time.

On the up side he never did have much pace and maybe a few games have got him fitter but he certainly looked finished that night.

I hope I am wrong and he goes on to do a terrific job for us.

Brilliant signing!

A great short term signing for the club at the present moment in time with Miranda out for the next 6 weeks. A quality player who has played at the highest level in football in fairly recent times with vast amounts of experience. He won't be costing a great deal in wages, going by his agents comments and is sure to do a fine job at left back for the buddies.

Now I just hope the Motherwell game is cancelled so I can see his debut in the rearranged game next Tuesday. :P

I hate to be negative but I watched the Blackpool v Wolves game and he was awful. He was miles off the pace and was substituted embarrassingly early because the Wolves winger was giving him a torrid time.

On the up side he never did have much pace and maybe a few games have got him fitter but he certainly looked finished that night.

I hope I am wrong and he goes on to do a terrific job for us.

Gus has been down watching him play for Blackpool and was impressed. That’s from his Thursday report on the official site.

So that’s good enough for me.

Know Ian harte well , seen him play for around 7 years at Leeds utd at elland rd

Good signing :)

I watched him for that length of time and for you to call him a good signing means you werent at elland rd watchin him for 7 years.

Ian harte has no pace, was the worst left back for defending ive known and when his free kicks werent going in he was an absolute nitemare. The joke at leeds was to change footy like nfl and instead of bringing a kicker on for field goal leeds would bring harte on for freekicks.

I said big hammy would be a great signing as i knew him and has been proved right, Ian harte is a nitemare signing and time will prove me right. People are confusing the ian harte of leeds utd in champs league than ian harte who cant score freekicks and is the slowest player we have at the club.

good luck to all the pesimists.

well according to my interpretation of the info available on him,

1. he is left sided

2. he is a recognised left back

3. he has considerable international experience

4. he has always played to a decent level

5. he is quite a hardy character

6. he wants to play football

7. he was wanted by the east end tramps , who were wanting to pat £2m for him about 2 years ago

8. he is a terrific striker of free kicks

9. he is surely capable of playing at SPL level

10. he is of sound mind

whats the problem here <_<

ticks a lot of boxes , could be a great signing , begs the question , just what went on in the Jacuzzi at Greenhill today :rolleyes:

:thumbs2