Ian Harte Agrees to sign but changes mind!!!

not sure why some are making a big deal about this.

If a player agrees to sign for your club...and the club announce that the player has agreed to sign...then said player decides not to sign (after saying he will) when the pen is put in his hand - then it makes the player look stupid ...not the club.

Get a grip for fk sake ...some of you are like a bunch of greetin faced wee wimmin from the cotton mills.

Oooohhh i'm so embarrased ....don't think I can go into the pub tonite ...will be soooo mortified !

at least we didn't go down the road of strip wearing etc ala Mo Johnston

i have read through pages and pages of this and at this above post I stopped and thought :clapping:clapping:clapping thats the game and im finished!

From Goal.com...here

Yesterday, St. Mirren officially announced that they had completed an agreement to sign experienced defender Ian Harte until the end of the season.

Paperwork between the player's agent and the club had been tied up, and all that remained to be completed was a medical, scheduled for this morning.

However, the Buddies have now been stunned by the news that Harte has had last minute second thoughts and will no longer be joining the Scottish Premier League side.

The club's manager, Gus MacPherson, told BBC Sport, "I haven't spoken to him about his decision.

"But I'm being led to believe he has changed his mind at the last possible moment.

"I don't know why and only he knows why."

Because those who are making the biggest fuss about this have their own agenda to pursue!
Exactly. Taxi for Gus brigade. Could,nt wait to get the boot in.

We,re not the first club this has happened to and would,nt be the last.(Mo Johnston comes to mind).

Edited by pod

The St Mirren manager said: “I haven’t spoken to him about his decision. But I’m being led to believe he has changed his mind.

“I don’t know why - only he knows why. The last I heard from him he was still thinking about the move.”

Harte, 31, said today: "I just didn't feel it was the right move for me and I've had a long chat with Gus MacPherson to explain that. Now I'm just looking for another club."

Someone is telling porkies...

Essentially, a deal had been agreed and this f**kwit Harte then phones up the manager from the side of the motorway asking for more money. The club is hardly to blame for this. Okay, it was daft to release the story on the website, but you can't legislate for what Harte has done. The guy is a prick.

No surprise to see billyg sticking the boot into the club when given half a chance. Yawn.

Side of the motorway.More likely from his bed (it,s cold outside).

We should not have went public with anything until the player had signed the contract and was standing at St.Mirren Park with a Saints scarf above his head.

We've been taken for a ride here by all accounts, and we need to learn a valuable lesson.

Now we should forget about Ian Harte and concentrate on tomorrows Cup match :wink:

Div's right about this methinks. It was just a bit silly to go public with anything more than confirming an interest before the deal had properly gone through rather than just a verbal agreement. Verbal agreements are worth less than toilet water in the world of top flight football.

I'm guessing that someone in/associated with the club was a bit over-eager to get the news out given that there have been a number of instances where a player coming in was an open secret, the club confirmed an interest when a deal was 90% in place, and then go public a second time when the ink was dry on the contract. Instead of doing that again here, they've gone balls out too early and sod's law has dictated they've been immediately booted in them thanks to what looks like grade-A shenanigans from Harte & McKay. :rolleyes:

There's no doubt the club needs to learn a lesson from this and stick to the old policy of waiting for everything to be done and dusted before going public. That said the blame certainly does not rest entirely with them - it takes two to tango as the saying goes and we've been led a merry dance here, no doubt. 9 times out of 10 Saints would have gotten away with this kind of naive enthusiasm. Unfortunately this is the 10th time when the player/agent clearly have an agenda of their own and it has cost us no small amount of face.

That said, we shouldn't be overly embarrassed either. Who cares what some journo, opposition fan or daftybaws SMFC stalking baldy pipefitter thinks? :rolleyes: And there's no doubt we are better off not having a player who isn't 100% committed to the side, talented ex-Premiership star or not.

Oh well, easy come easy go. We shall just need to get on with tomorrow's very winnable match as per. :)

Nothing should surprise us when Willie McKay is involved. Heard him talking about Joey Barton on/off contract talks at Man City a few seasons ago - the guy is a complete parasite - he's not alone in that respect - but only interested in moving players around, rather than their long term interest.

As for Harte, if this was all calculated to raise his profile and get on the JJs radar, they are welcome to him.

A quote from Goal.com states that 'Paperwork between the player's agent and the club had been tied up, and all that remained to be completed was a medical, scheduled for this morning.' If that's the case I can't see a lot wrong with confirming it when asked by the media. Anyway, f*ck the little money-grabbing sh*te - I hope nobody signs him now.