Ian Harte Agrees to sign but changes mind!!!

I wouldn't believe half of what that rag prints. Yesterday it had Mackay saying the deal wasn't about money. Today it's GMcP who's insisting the deal wasn't about money. The b*st*rds couldnae lie straight in bed. Harte's still a tosser, though.

Those Harte quotes in the Record re joining us:

"Joining St Mirren gives me the chance to put myself back on the radar. We'll see what happens from here".

"Now it's time for something new and hopefully St Mirren can be a new start for me"

"The St Mirren thing came out of the blue but I'm very excited about playing in Scotland"

"St Mirren are quite obviously a well run club and they've just moved into a new stadium so it sounds like exciting times"

We shouldn't have gone public but Willie Mackay has effectively bounced us into it by ensuring the media knew about it. After the interview in the paper with the quotes, his Sky Sports interview show him to be someone who is being economical with the truth. The guy's a prick but I hope things work out for him<_<

Those Harte quotes in the Record re joining us:

"Joining St Mirren gives me the chance to put myself back on the radar. We'll see what happens from here".

"Now it's time for something new and hopefully St Mirren can be a new start for me"

"The St Mirren thing came out of the blue but I'm very excited about playing in Scotland"

"St Mirren are quite obviously a well run club and they've just moved into a new stadium so it sounds like exciting times"

We shouldn't have gone public but Willie Mackay has effectively bounced us into it by ensuring the media knew about it. After the interview in the paper with the quotes, his Sky Sports interview show him to be someone who is being economical with the truth. The guy's a prick but I hope things work out for him<_<

reading those quotes again, they look a bit suspicious, was the journalist jackson fed those lines directly by mackay?

Heard it on Radio Scotland onthe way home tonight. Have to see my first reaction was to have a wee chuckle. It only goes to prove the point that it is best to keep these sort of things secret. As I originally posted the other player (Harte) was a secret. On this occasion I suspect it will have been the @rsehole agent that leaked the signing rather than anyone at the club or any hairdressers. :P

Also had a wee giggle thinking about all the dafty buds that post on Pie&Bovril having to eat their own shit. Some supporters will never learn. :)

Best to wait until the player is introduced to the press in his Saints top or even better when they have kicked their first ball.

Other than being midly amused by the whole event I can't say I am overly concerned. Gus has a squad that can easily deal with Franco's injury. We will do better to strengthen in the summer when better and more long term options become available. We've all seen these short term signings turn out to be a bag of shite and I suspect it wouldn't have been too long until we started seeing Harte's sick notes. He has a history of "injury" / "illness".

I would also like to point out that of all the dafties on here probably only me and Ian Scanlon retained a sane position on the entire matter and the players ability. You should all know better. :P

A very measured response Sid. I'm surprised you haven't tried to blame the knickerwetter boo boys for putting Harte off coming to Saints. :P

Ian Wright?

Roy Keane?

They do have previous.

Not that bothered whether he signs or not. I was originally pleased mainly as we seemed to have got a recognised left back although the majority of saints fans quite rightly reserved judgement on him, however his height did give way for some concern, anyway we as a club have got a lot of good things going for us to let this be a massive let down or indeed a signing that will destroy our season. As they say onwards and upwards, firstly by putting the well out of the cup.

Who wants some wannabee Glasgow paddy c*** playing for us anyway? He was never interested in saints. Even when the deal was still on, I'd read the interview in the record and immediately was planning on booing him anyway.

F*ck flushing notes down the toilet on that kind of w*nk anyway. If someone like that was our top earner, I would fully support strike action from the rest of the squad.

We should get right behind Gus tomorrow. That was a lesson learned for Gus in his learning experience and he needs our full support. He deserves it.

Steven Robb will probably play left back tomorrow, and TBH, I'd rather have an honest hard working professional like Robb, than some big headed, ignorant w*nk like H*rte any day of the week.

Who wants some wannabee Glasgow paddy c*** playing for us anyway? He was never interested in saints. Even when the deal was still on, I'd read the interview in the record and immediately was planning on booing him anyway.

F*ck flushing notes down the toilet on that kind of w*nk anyway. If someone like that was our top earner, I would fully support strike action from the rest of the squad.

We should get right behind Gus tomorrow. That was a lesson learned for Gus in his learning experience and he needs our full support. He deserves it.

Steven Robb will probably play left back tomorrow, and TBH, I'd rather have an honest hard working professional like Robb, than some big headed, ignorant w*nk like H*rte any day of the week.

:clapping:clapping:clapping:clapping well said that man

Too late and too merry to add anything original to this topic, but what I posted on P&B this afternoon I still wholeheartedly stand by:

I'd LOVE IT if he signed for Celtic tomorrow on a two year deal.

Then broke his leg when it collided against the post as he scored a last minute own goal against Rangers next weekend.

After having time to reflect on this, and heard talk that it's really his agent that's to blame - I'm still going to stick with my first thought.

Agents are employed by players. If Harte is happy for his employee to behave like a no-class scumbag, then guess what. It makes Harte a no-class scumbag.

If he wanted a move to Celtic, why not have McKay phone them and say he's available? No. Far too honest. Let's go through a charade and cause heartache and hassle to a bunch of fans and employees of a diddy club to achieve the same end.

So while I'd not lose any sleep if something horrible happened to McKay, bottom line is it's Harte himself who's responsible for this.

Go on... break a leg!

I know an ex fotballer who played for 2 big clubs in England and is now a football agent, he's told me a few tales about McKay. <_<

This guy said there was lot of strange deals with McKay and Rangers, he was getting an SPL player a move to Rangers but Rangers would only sign him if he changed his agent to McKay.

Bent as f*ck, hope we never deal with him again.

I know an ex fotballer who played for 2 big clubs in England and is now a football agent, he's told me a few tales about McKay. <_<

This guy said there was lot of strange deals with McKay and Rangers, he was getting an SPL player a move to Rangers but Rangers would only sign him if he changed his agent to McKay.

Bent as f*ck, hope we never deal with him again.

That is a similar story to what I've been told by a guy I know at Rangers. The man was interview by police last year on suspicion of fraud, wasnt he? the same time as Redknapp was done. The Amdy Faye carry on would also back up what your ex footballer suggests. Why would Amdy Faye appoint Willie McKay of all agents? As soon as I saw McKay was Hartes agent I knew there was alterior motives behind it.

Its sad cos Harte would have been a good player for Saints, but f**k him, and f**k Willie McKay.

What about Scott Cuthbert?

Totally different IMO. We know exactly what we're getting with a loan deal. We should fully expect that the player intends to return to the club to which he is contracted, and that the loan deal is of benefit to both clubs. This is quite explicit.

'Signing' a player who then immediately indulges in OF subliminal badge kissing is distateful at best. I reckon the retard put their own spin on the story of course, but as we now know Harte is a twat, I'm blaming him anyway <_<

Edited by Drew

I`m very dissapointed with this whole situation, not least from hartes behaviour and that of his wanker agent, but mainly because of the fact that his wikipedia page remains untouched :wink:

C`Mon you buds with more knowledge than me of how to do these things, remember the M*rt*n page adjustment ? Get in there & sort the bassa out :P

The FIRST thing I thought when I read that he'd signed was "Uh-oh, Willie Mackay". I live down in Wolverhampton, and the Wolves had dealing with him a couple of years back with Henri Camara. A really sorry and tortuous few weeks. Saints are better off without him, if Mackay's in town.