Ian Harte Agrees to sign but changes mind!!!

I know an ex fotballer who played for 2 big clubs in England and is now a football agent, he's told me a few tales about McKay. <_<

This guy said there was lot of strange deals with McKay and Rangers, he was getting an SPL player a move to Rangers but Rangers would only sign him if he changed his agent to McKay.

Bent as f*ck, hope we never deal with him again.

I could give you a quality story about McKay, Durrant and the Steven Naismith signing from Killie. But Willie is handy with the lawyers.

Lets put it this way, Rangers AND Wille got shafted royally by Killie over that deal. :lol:

I accept I may have missed something here but is the whole point of remembering your family at Gretna not that you have something better for your family to go to? Or is being unemployed better for your family than earning a living with St Mirren?

I don't think being unemployed is a problem. He's feckin' minted.

I liked this piece in the Scotsman......

Lucky for Gus, Harte's not in it

I CAN'T help feeling that Gus MacPherson dodged a bullet when Ian Harte reneged on an agreement to join St Mirren on loan. For a start, you can forget about all the caps that Harte won, all 64 of them, because that player ceased to be an awfully long time ago. Harte's best days are many years behind him. Since leaving Leeds United in July 2004, the former Republic of Ireland full-back has started just 31 games in more than four and a half years. Most recently he fetched-up on a free at Blackpool – and was released after five games.

Harte's U-turn on Friday came as no surprise to those who have followed his career from the beginning. Putting it mildly, you could say that Harte is unpopular with the football media in Ireland – a thoroughly decent crew it has to be said – and there are observers in the Republic who can quote many an example of why Harte was, and I quote, "a disagreeable bastard". The favourite comes from a mixed zone after an international game. Harte stormed through without stopping, answering the request for a quick word with the immortal reply: "Not talking. Just been stitched up by Shoot!"

Gus, you can do better.

Apologies if old news but my lad plays FIFA 09 on Xbox and have just been watching him play.... we've got a cracking LB rated at 70 called Ian Harte... Dorman is rated 64...you can fool some of the people some of the time... or EA all of the time... :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...