Top Five Single Malts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pint and a half.....proper old school drinking....not this lager tops alcopop pish. Bottle of TBird or ElD before going to the pub on a Friday after work, then on to the pints and halves. Casual barf then a kebab to get the tate out of your mouth. Sherbet to wake you up a wee bit for the dancing. Cans and haufs at the after-party. :)

Although these days I prefer a nice Barolo and an early night. :ph34r:

Pint and a half.....proper old school drinking....not this lager tops alcopop pish. Bottle of TBird or ElD before going to the pub on a Friday after work, then on to the pints and halves. Casual barf then a kebab to get the tate out of your mouth. Sherbet to wake you up a wee bit for the dancing. Cans and haufs at the after-party. :)

Although these days I prefer a nice Barolo and an early night. :ph34r:

Aaawwww, riiiiiight. I though he meant that he'd have a malt in a glass then over it he'd pour a boggin pint of lager. I don't think they'd compliment each other so I'm glad that one's sorted.

Aaawwww, riiiiiight. I though he meant that he'd have a malt in a glass then over it he'd pour a boggin pint of lager. I don't think they'd compliment each other so I'm glad that one's sorted.

As in a depth-charge. Whisky only really works with Guinness for that - and even at that best with blended or even Drambuie.

1. Glenlivet XXV, I drank a bottle on a works jaunt with 2 colleagues last year. The colleagues are no longer here but the warm glow and roasted spice aroma of the GL stay with me still

Love the 15 years so that must be rather good.

Isle of Jura 'Superstition'

Aberlour 15 years ( mate cracked it open afer dundee in 2006 )

Glenmorangie ( obviously )

The Antiquary 12 years ( had a taste once about 2 years ago , the best ever imo )

Edited by Barry Proudfoot