Whatever Else You Do, Don't...

Tennant's Lager

Cracked it one last night and have duly broken the thing. :( Must have dislodged some of the goo and probably broken a few of the transistors as well - resulted a large area of colour distortion and horizontal black lines all over the top half of the screen, which grew considerably overnight.

Have had to get the old one out that came with the comp as before long I'm sure it'll be unusable. Talk about an expensive moment of madness.... :(:ph34r:

Cracked it one last night and have duly broken the thing. :( Must have dislodged some of the goo and probably broken a few of the transistors as well - resulted a large area of colour distortion and horizontal black lines all over the top half of the screen, which grew considerably overnight.

Have had to get the old one out that came with the comp as before long I'm sure it'll be unusable. Talk about an expensive moment of madness.... :(:ph34r:

Strung out two days in a row........................

Is that paint you're using lead based.............................?

Cracked it one last night and have duly broken the thing. :( Must have dislodged some of the goo

You may well be a thoroughly vigorous wanker, Dave, but you're not getting anybody to believe that you whacked your tadger off your monitor that hard that you broke it. I'm prepared to believe you dislodged some of the goo, though ........ :rolleyes:

You may well be a thoroughly vigorous wanker, Dave, but you're not getting anybody to believe that you whacked your tadger off your monitor that hard that you broke it. I'm prepared to believe you dislodged some of the goo, though ........ :rolleyes:

There you go Crispy, judging others by your own innuendo packed, curtain-wiping standards again. :rolleyes:

Thankfully I'm not as perverted as you are, just a simple idiot who's challenged when it comes to anger management.

I did f*ck all of any note to my laptop screen,then watched it fail before my very eyes in the same manner that TL's did.

Apparently the failure can occur some time after the damage was inflicted,which seems reasonable because mine failed in the blink of an eye with no one near it.

It's still under warranty,and Hewlett-Packard's Indian call centre got me to send it to their service centre in Poland,who sent it straight feckin back just after I'd told them where to stick their £167 repair bill.

I wouldn't mind but the keyboard was covered in crumbs,presumably from some c*nt's lunch in the service centre.There's also a bit of screwdriver damage,which is strange since,under HP's terms,you wouldn't need to go anywhere near the thing with a screwdriver.

The moral is,approach LCD screens with caution,and try never to have any dealings with Hewlett-Packard's customer service.

LCD screens are a f'k'r. Managed services companies don't cover them in their agreements. Laptop companies also caveat them out of their support. Best to pucker up and buy a new one.

I'm collecting my new one today,for £77 less than HP wanted. Hopefully no c*nt will have left their lunch on the keyboard this time.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

I'm collecting my new one today,for £77 less than HP wanted. Hopefully no c*nt will have left their lunch on the keyboard this time.

I think Makro are doing one with built in DVD, digital bollox and the ilk for about £120 ex your VAT. Did you see the amount of c"nts from Makro with comps at the Killie game. :blink: