Official Site Moan

iceblink

I know this is not really a new topic, but here goes:

Thought I might go along to the game tonight - go to official site too find out about when I can buy tickets - go to match day info - fecking login page.

Think bollocks to that I'll watch the game in the pub.

This registering shit should be stopped once and for all, or at the very least, ticket info should be easily accessible - it should actually be the first thing that you see when going to the official site....

I know this is not really a new topic, but here goes:

Thought I might go along to the game tonight - go to official site too find out about when I can buy tickets - go to match day info - fecking login page.

Think bollocks to that I'll watch the game in the pub.

This registering shit should be stopped once and for all, or at the very least, ticket info should be easily accessible - it should actually be the first thing that you see when going to the official site....

eh at the ticket office prior to kick off?

it's ok I understand your frustation it took me all of NAE seconds to work that oot :blink:

I bow to your superior intelligence - I was under the impression that for games against the dirty duo, tickets were not available right up to kick off. If it's changed then great - the club should be adverrtising the fact

so you should!

just register for the site - its no hard and doesnt take long - then you just read stuff for yourself - go on gie it a go!

You were correct in your original gripe, iceblink.

Such information should be freely available and easy of access to anyone who wants to give money to a commercial organsiation. Why put irrelevant obstacles in the way of punters?!

I didn't go to a local 'JUNIORS' match two Mondays ago cos I couldn't find the info I needed easily on their website. There's a lot of stupid people out there....

Thanks Bluto - if I want to go to the pictures, I don't need to register with their official site to find out when their films are on.

I started this topic so that someone at the club might realise that they are losing potential customers due to this registering nonsense.

Thanks Bluto - if I want to go to the pictures, I don't need to register with their official site to find out when their films are on.

I started this topic so that someone at the club might realise that they are losing potential customers due to this registering nonsense.

im not saying i agree with the registering to find out such info - dont see the point at all, but if you register thats it done then you can access it.

so you should!

just register for the site - its no hard and doesnt take long - then you just read stuff for yourself - go on gie it a go!

Exactly, you'd think folk were being asked for blood samples and their fingerprints before they were allowed to ask their site.

Hardly a monumental task that will take up half your day.

Although it did go through a VERY LONG PERIOD when even people who had jumped through the hoops could not get in. It's an utter wank. The whole site is. The forum is the blandest shite and apprantly going to get worse - don't start me on the moderators...

It surely does not need the blood samples, fingerprints etc just to let people part with their money!

Chrissakes - my day is actually a lot more important than fulfilling the disciplinary fantasies of half-arsed website moderators. Dunno what that says about life in Kirkcudbright, mind ye....

• 2 weeks later...
Although it did go through a VERY LONG PERIOD when even people who had jumped through the hoops could not get in. It's an utter wank. The whole site is. The forum is the blandest shite and apprantly going to get worse - don't start me on the moderators...

To the extent that I simply gave up trying to engage with it (as you do tend to do) and decided to get my Saints info/banter elsewhere on the web. It's a fact that with sites like B&W Army and general SPL info on the web, there's simply no need to bother with the official site and its tedious palaver, though the online ticketing operation is considerably more professional than the rest of it (since it's run by a professional outfit). And if I was in charge of the commercial side of things at the club, that would be a cause for concern.

To the extent that I simply gave up trying to engage with it (as you do tend to do) and decided to get my Saints info/banter elsewhere on the web. It's a fact that with sites like B&W Army and general SPL info on the web, there's simply no need to bother with the official site and its tedious palaver, though the online ticketing operation is considerably more professional than the rest of it (since it's run by a professional outfit). And if I was in charge of the commercial side of things at the club, that would be a cause for concern.

The current registration side of things on the OS is run by Premium TV, which is also a professional organisation.

The original posters point is both simple and true!

Many willl try and blindly justify anything that has the name St Mirren fc attached to it but the nonsense of having to register for the site in order to learn ticket details is a complete nonsense.

Modern football is consumer dependent and as such the club should be making ticket info readily available to as many potential consumers as possible. Not to do so is complete madness.

PS I like the point about not having to register for the pictures. Very apt.

• 3 weeks later...

The whole official site is largely a steaming pile of the brown stuff. They have one decent writer who has the hootspa to express an opinion which most of us would agree with yet it seems he gets about one game in ten. The rest are terrible, I rarely log on these days. As for the forum...............

I see the forum is "under maintenance"...

Nothing to do with it going into meltdown after our latest shocker.

I heard they closed it as the abuse of St Mirren "staff" was unacceptable. The performance yesterday was unacceptable - let's hope they close down the manager for "maintenance" - garden maintenance! :P