Best Lines From The Movies

Reidy1987

Guest Midnight Moses
'...and don't call me Shirley'.

'Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetimines'.

'Oveur?'

'Unger?'

'Oveur?'

'Dunn?'

That's a relief Tariq, I heard on the radio that you'd been shot trying to defect :0

Some more gems :

"Monty, you terrible c**t !"

"I can never handle meat until it is cooked. As a boy, I used to weep in butchers' shops".

"Are you the farmer ? "

"We demand the finest wines available to humanity. We want them here, and we want them now."

" I would not recommend a haircut. Hair are your aerials, man. They receive signals from the cosmos and transmit them directly to your brain. This is why bald men are uptight. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government."

"Accident black spot ? This isn't a black spot ! People are throwing themselves gladly into the road to escape all this hideousness ! "

Edited by Bill Lees

1. keep your friends close keep your enemies closer godfather.

2.anger leads to hate, hate leads to pain, pain leads to suffering. the phantom menace.

3. suckie suckie ten dollar me love you long time. full metal jacket.

4. three rings for the elven-kings under the sky,

seven for the dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,

nine for mortal men doomed to die,

one for the dark lord on his dark throne,

in the land of mordor where the shadows lie.

one ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,

one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

in the land of mordor where the shadows lie.the lord of the rings the fellowship of the ring

5. brian is not the messiah he's a naughty boy. the life of brian

post-7-1048334384.jpg

Some more gems :

Hmmm. Piece of genius right enough. Typically crap line from the most overrated film of all time. Could've been written by a wee guy called Ricky from the Barras.

Well I'm glad somebody knows what the feck he's on about... :blink:

Some more gems :

Hmmm. Piece of genius right enough. Typically crap line from the most overrated film of all time. Could've been written by a wee guy called Ricky from the Barras.

Well I'm glad somebody knows what the feck he's on about... :blink:

It's from, as Bajan Saint says, the vastly overrated "Withnail and I"

Still none the wiser... :blink:

25 Lines from Star Wars that can be improved if you substitute the word "Pants"

A tremor in the pants. The last time I felt this was in the presence of my old master.

You are unwise to lower your pants.

We've got to be able to get some reading on those pants, up or down.

She must have hidden the plans in her pants. Send a detachment down to retrieve them. See to it personally Commander.

These pants may not look like much, kid, but they've got it where it counts.

I find your lack of pants disturbing.

These pants contain the ultimate power in the Universe. I suggest we use it.

Han will have those pants down. We've got to give him more time!

General Veers, prepare your pants for a surface assault.

I used to bulls-eye womb-rats in my pants back home.

TK-421. . . Why aren't you in your pants?

Lock the door. And hope they don't have pants.

Governor Tarkin. I recognized your foul pants when I was brought on board.

You look strong enough to pull the pants off of a Gundark.

Luke. . . Help me take...these pants off.

Great, Chewie, great. Always thinking with your pants.

That blast came from those pants. That thing's operational!

Don't worry. Chewie and I have gotten into a lot of pants more heavily guarded than this.

Maybe you'd like it back in your pants, your highness.

Your pants betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for your sister!

Jabba doesn't have time for smugglers who drop their pants at the first sign of an Imperial Cruiser.

Yeah, well short pants is better than no pants at all, Chewie.

Attention. This is Lando Calrissian. The Empire has taken control of my pants, I advise everyone to leave before more troops arrive.

I cannot teach him. The boy has no pants.

You came in those pants? You're braver than I thought.

Guest Ruggy Bairn

Don't call me son, I'm a lawyer and an officer in the United States Navy and you're under arrest you sonofabitch- Tom Cruise to Jack Nicholson, A Few Good Men

Never get yourself involved in anything that you cannot walk out of in ten seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner. - Bob De Niro to Val Kilmer, Heat. (Words to that effect anyway)

It's from, as Bajan Saint says, the vastly overrated "Withnail and I"

Hmmm. Well, depends on your point of view, I suppose. One man's "vastly over-rated" is another man's "widely appreciated". I think you need to ask yourself why there's just one critical review of the film on IMDB out of about 75.

Withnail and I is a beautifully crafted little film, with quite brilliant dialogue - some of it is hilarious, some poignant. Yes, it has cult status, which means there will always be detractors who consider it "vastly over-rated", but that particular criticism is almost meaningless, in my view.

"Battleship Potemkin ? Vastly over-rated...."

Edited by Bill Lees

Yes, it has cult status, which means there will always be detractors who consider it "vastly over-rated", but that particular criticism is almost meaningless, in my view.

"Battleship Potemkin ? Vastly over-rated...."

I would argue that saying something is "vastly overrated" is not a criticism of the film itself. Rather, it is a criticism of a generation of students and would-be fops who find the idea of Richard E Grant getting pissed in the country extremely funny.

Simply using the word "c**t" in a film is neither big nor clever and frankly, it is about the level ofa 14 year old. THAT, Bill is a criticism. :rolleyes:

I would argue that saying something is "vastly overrated" is not a criticism of the film itself. Rather, it is a criticism of a generation of students and would-be fops who find the idea of Richard E Grant getting pissed in the country extremely funny.

Simply using the word "c**t" in a film is neither big nor clever and frankly, it is about the level ofa 14 year old. THAT, Bill is a criticism. :rolleyes:

Ahh, but there is FAR more to "Withnail and I " than Richard E. Grant's performance - extraordinary as that is. Ralph Brown, Richard Griffiths, Paul McGann and Michael Elphick all turn in terrific performances too, and the script is filled with wonderful moments. The elegiac tone of the picture overall is superb. The word "c**t" in itself isn't funny of course, but in the context of the two usages it gets in the film - it is. And it's not intended to be "big or clever" - talk about missing the point.........

Edited by Bill Lees

Its a film that I've never watched right through, I've caught a few moments as I'm usually scillachi'd when attempting to watch it. Same with Bladerunner and Naked Lunch.

The hazy jist of it is impressive though. :wacko:

Watched this film for the first time the other night. Had me rolling around the floor. A classic!! Gilliam is a genius.

1. Know your dope fiend! Your life may depend on it! You won't be able to see his eyes from tea shades, and his knuckles will be white from inner-tension, and, his pants will be crusted with semen from constantly jacking-off when he can't find a rape victim.

2. Raoul Duke: But our trip was different. It was to be a classic affirmation of everything right and true in the national character. A gross physical salute to the fantastic possibilities of life in this country. But only for those with true grit.

[to hitchhiker]

Raoul Duke: And we are chock full of that, man.

3. Last name? I'd rather not say. My brother's in politics

4. What kind of rat b*****d psychotic would play that song right now at this time?

5. PLEASE! Tell me you got the f**king golf shoes.

6. Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? Was there no communication in this car? Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?

7. Sounds like big trouble. You're going to need plenty of legal advice before this thing is over. As your attorney, I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top. And you'll need the cocaine. Tape recorder for special messages. Acapulco shirts. Get the hell out of L.A. for at least 48 hours.

8. Are you ready for that? Checking into a Las Vegas hotel under a phony name with intent to commit capital fraud on a head full of acid? I sure hope so.

9. You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.

10. There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

11. Look, there's two women f**king a polar bear!

12. If the pigs were gathering in Vegas, I felt the drug culture should be represented as well. And there was a certain bent appeal in the notion of running a savage burn in one Las Vegas, and then just wheeling across town and checking into another. Me and a thousand ranking cops from all over America. Why not? Move confidently into their midst.

13. A drug person can learn to handle such things as seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to deal with this trip.

14. Clerk at Flamingo Hotel: Can I call you a cab?

Police Chief: Sure, and I'll call you a cocksucker!

15. We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

16. Hitchhiker: Hot damn! I never rode in a convertible before!

Raoul Duke: Is that right? Well... I guess you're about ready, then, aren't you?

Acosta: We're your friends. We're not like the others, man, really.

Raoul Duke: No more of that talk or I'll put the f**king leeches on you, understand?

Acosta: Heh heh heh...

Raoul Duke: Get in!

17. Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?

18. As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit.

19. Raoul Duke: The last thing I'd need is you wandering around with a head full of acid, ready to cut me up with that god damned knife.

Acosta: Who said anything about cutting you up, man. I just want to cut a little Z in your forehead!"

20. Don't f**k with me now, man, I am Ahab.

:wacko:

Sorry Sid, but it ain't one of Gilliam's I'm familiar with. Is it "The Fisher King", by any chance ? Failing that, Is it "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" ?

(I've seen neither film).

Both are great films Bill Lees and I am almost certain that you will delight in both. The quotes are from fear & loathing in Las Vegas.

One of the greatest scenes ever filmed takes place in The Fisher King. Gilliam created a moment of magic when all the commuters tranformed from the usual hustle and bustle of the Grand Central Station to a grand waltz to "The Blue Danube". The beauty of the moment is that it was achieved using over 1000 real commuters rather than directed extras. A remarkable achievement and defining moment in the piece. :D

Fear & Loathing is pure belly laughs, however if you've ever indulged you will again appreaciate the phenominalism of Gilliams "trip". :blink:

12 Monkeys is a remarkable film for the fact that Brad Pitt gives a more "arty" performance in it than a posery one.

Time Bandits as well is a belter. Especially at the end with them all gathered together and the auld fella in the suit turns up with the immortal line "Er..hello there. I'm the Supreme Being". :lol: