Top 5 Entertaining Wrasslers Of All Time..............

The Sandman

1. Steve Austin

2. Undertaker

3. Brett Hart

4. Chris Benoit

5. Lord William Regal (my mate Charlie was a head doorman in Blackpool and this chappie was one of his boys. My mate has always been chuffed with his success but what always sticks in my mind was the comment 'he looked the part but couldn't fight sleep' :)

Mars, your choice for #4 is controversial to say the least.............. :ph34r:

He always reminded me of a wee hard scottish bastard who didn't know when he was beat. And having spent most of my adult life down here I always looked out for his bouts :)

or has he done something since I watched the WWF that I obviously know nothing about :unsure:

Just gone on Wiki TL...kin ell :o

He still remains number 4 from a wrassling point of view IMO. They must be all wired to the moon..kin stedheads :o

Edited by Mars

He always reminded me of a wee hard scottish bastard who didn't know when he was beat. And having spent most of my adult life down here I always looked out for his bouts :)

or has he done something since I watched the WWF that I obviously know nothing about :unsure:

Just gone on Wiki TL...kin ell :o

He still remains number 4 from a wrassling point of view IMO. They must be all wired to the moon..kin stedheads :o

I'm amazed you hadn't heard - what he did became a major news story all over the world, the sick bastard. :(

We'll never know for certain exactly why he did it or what caused it...but to say it tarnished his legacy is an understatement of the biggest kind. I'd have put him at #2 only behind Bret Hart in terms of wrestling talent (to be distinguished from entertainment), but after that I can barely watch him in one of the old DVDs. Quite something considering he was my favourite performer still in the business before his madness, or whatever you want to term it, took over.

Anyway, I'll do 2 top 5s - One for being entertaining with promos/mic work etc, the other for between the ropes talent.....

Entertainment....

1) - Steve Austin

2) - The Rock

3) - Roddy Piper

4) - Mick Foley

5) - Chris Jericho

In ring talent....

1) - Bret Hart

2) - Ric Flair

3) - Randy Savage

4) - Ricky Steamboat

5) - Kurt Angle

There are many that just miss out on either list (eg Michaels, 'Taker, Hogan) and some of the above would easily fit into the top 10 of the other. Those 10 are just what I'm thinking atm....

• 3 weeks later...
Entertainment....

1) - Steve Austin

2) - The Rock

3) - Roddy Piper

4) - Mick Foley

5) - Chris Jericho

In ring talent....

1) - Bret Hart

2) - Ric Flair

3) - Randy Savage

4) - Ricky Steamboat

5) - Kurt Angle

There are many that just miss out on either list (eg Michaels, 'Taker, Hogan) and some of the above would easily fit into the top 10 of the other. Those 10 are just what I'm thinking atm....

I think what is actually important here is not your narrative about wrestlers but the fact that you actually know the names of ten of them.

do you not like girls?

:P

Edited by jimdickloyal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1. The Ultimate Warrior (for his racist and right wing rants as well as his wrasslin' exploits).

2. The Sandman (a hardcore legend!).

3. The Dudley Boys (tag team table matches a speciality!).

4. Mick Foley/Cactus Jack/Dude Love/Mankind (and any other guise he may have used).

5. Shane O' Mac (Not the greatest technical wrestler but has pulled of some amazing stunts).

The Bishopton Gala Day has wrestling listed as one of its events for Saturday. I believe bare bums may be an entry requirement. :blink:

Probably the SWA guys

Entertainment....

1) - Steve Austin

2) - The Great Muta/Keiji Mutoh (same person)

3) - Brian Pillman

4) - Mick Foley

5) - Jake Roberts

In ring talent....

1) - Bret Hart

2) - Ricky Steamboat

3) - Randy Savage

4) - Vader (NJPW and early WCW days)

5) - Jyushin Lyger

Rollerball Rocco just misses out in both categories