Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

The midfield changes that often, Robertson has not had a chance to settle in the first team. He needs time to bed in and then he will settle into a good back to front midfield player. The prancing pony that is Mclean needs to make way for someone who's willing to do a shift and put the foot in when it's needed.

McLean scores goals, unlike pretty much anyone else in our midfield right now, and IMO will out score any midfielder between now and the end of the season.

Yes we need to battle to win games, but we also need quality players that compliment the hard workers,

It may not be popular but based on what else we have currently (excluding Gowser) Kenny would be one of the first names on my teamsheet right now.

McLean scores goals, unlike pretty much anyone else in our midfield right now, and IMO will out score any midfielder between now and the end of the season.

Yes we need to battle to win games, but we also need quality players that compliment the hard workers,

It may not be popular but based on what else we have currently (excluding Gowser) Kenny would be one of the first names on my teamsheet right now.

The goals we,ve lost through Mclean giving the ball away to the opposition in dangerous areas far outweigh the goals he's scored (though the goals he's scored have been crackers)

The goals we,ve lost through Mclean giving the ball away to the opposition in dangerous areas far outweigh the goals he's scored (though the goals he's scored have been crackers)

That analysis is flawed in so many ways that I don't know where to start.

Lately both Carey and McLean have been contributing very little and I'm not just talking about the quality of their play. Both have been lacking in application, in fact I would say "lack of effort" has been the comments from fans in our area of the stadium. It will never be the case that all selected will have good games, but the least we can expect is 100%, come on lads let's see it on Saturday.

The midfield changes that often, Robertson has not had a chance to settle in the first team. He needs time to bed in and then he will settle into a good back to front midfield player.

No offence to Robertson who seems like a nice guy but on Saturday we had a guy five years younger with no first team experience make his debut and looked miles better than anything Robertson has produced in the numerous chances that he has had.

Definitely, conclusively the new Billy Stark. Except it took Starky years to get a transfer and it was only £75K.

No offence to Robertson who seems like a nice guy but on Saturday we had a guy five years younger with no first team experience make his debut and looked miles better than anything Robertson has produced in the numerous chances that he has had.

I think it is fair to say that young McGinn has impressed us all fans and staff alike. His debut is the talk of the place , great start. .

I think it is fair to say that young McGinn has impressed us all fans and staff alike. His debut is the talk of the place , great start. .

As long as the boo boys don't get on his back when he lapses, as all young players are likely to do.

Edited by stlucifer

• 3 weeks later...

Give my latest rumours

McLean sold already just sorting details, maybe chance get to keep him on loan for smaller fee

Everyone knows about dom and magpies loan so will try to highlight others

Asked if can't get to keep McLean about mcginn coming back on loan but his club would lime him to go out but only for month or two so 50+50

Squad will also be thing with few fringe players going jags want Barton but if this does happen won't be till later in windows due to up coming supensions

Imrie wants out as feels targeted to much, is very thick skinned but doesn't help team when picked on by fanz

Teale considering offer of coaching job but trying to work out if can still stay as part time job

Also both parking and Carey want more game time

Also don't be surprised if smith gets deal till end of season or at least extended on monthly basis as not sure about mind set of Adam after death of father and smith wages same as Airdrie paying for adam

Give my latest rumours

McLean sold already just sorting details, maybe chance get to keep him on loan for smaller fee

Everyone knows about dom and magpies loan so will try to highlight others

Asked if can't get to keep McLean about mcginn coming back on loan but his club would lime him to go out but only for month or two so 50+50

Squad will also be thing with few fringe players going jags want Barton but if this does happen won't be till later in windows due to up coming supensions

Imrie wants out as feels targeted to much, is very thick skinned but doesn't help team when picked on by fanz

Teale considering offer of coaching job but trying to work out if can still stay as part time job

Also both parking and Carey want more game time

Also don't be surprised if smith gets deal till end of season or at least extended on monthly basis as not sure about mind set of Adam after death of father and smith wages same as Airdrie paying for adam

Barton? Do you mean Barron? After last night I would give him more game time as I thought he was excellent considering the nightmare of his last game.

Parkin and Carey would be no loss if they can be replaced. Dont think any signing has disappointed me so much as that of Carey. Imrie can still offer us something I think but inconsistent however we do need a squad and I would hold on to him for now.