Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

okay ican't help myself it seemssorry.gif ofcourse there is no rumour but let me introduce you to http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hyun-jun-suk/profil/spieler_129990.html

who is a fc Groningen player (yep my club)and yes this is a shameless promotion for him...but mainly has to do with the special circumstances.

Groningen can lift a two year option in his now still cheapish contract but wil not because In the netherlands a non EU player has to be paid 458.000 a year (150% of the eredivisie average fee) and simply put he´s now on half that.... and even that is quite a bit considering his level and other available players.

Scotland has no minimum fee regulation, just work permit as limitation, he might be willing to sign a pre contract, i´d say that´s even likely

Groningen wants to loan him out, since he is not part of the core... compensation demanded would be low

Ow.. and there is an angel to it, he wants to succeed in europe, and before him i didn´t realise how popular football in S Korea has become

because he´s a southkorean hero fc Groningen got invited to an all expences paid +lucrative/fee Tournament in South Korea as was Sunderland http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1033272/sunderland-commit-to-peace-cup-in-south-korea?cc=5739 we finished last, still made good money, easily payed fur suk´s fee that year, and some more

also was funny in the first week there´s one dutch tv crew and five different Korean crews reporting about the first training

Edited by grunniger

I would take Beattie if his fitness and attitude were spot on which allegedly may not be the case. Danny wanted him before he signed for Hearts so is maybe still interested. We dont need another Parkin however.

I would like to think we are trying to punt parkin to someone in the lower league's to free up a bit of wedge.

I don't think Beattie's attitude is the problem - his fitness is. Given he's barely kicked a ball for St Johnstone, I currently wouldn't go near him, as good a player as he is.

I see that Richard Brittain has signed for the farmers on a pre-contract. Good signing. Wouldn't have minded seeing him back in a Saints shirt, but we have a better prospect in John McGinn.