Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

There’s still plenty of time left in the transfer window and Danny is hopeful of concluding some business in the next week or so: “I’m actively looking at this minute in time. There’s nothing going out but I’m certainly looking at one, possibly two. We’re looking at Dummett to come back but that’s out of our hands at this minute in time and we’re waiting on Newcastle. We very much want the player back. I’m also looking at another striker, whose name I won’t reveal, so I’m hopeful of knowing within a day or two of knowing whether that’s going to come fruition. It’s not the Polish lad, it’s a different player.”

Theres still plenty of time left in the transfer window and Danny is hopeful of concluding some business in the next week or so: Im actively looking at this minute in time. Theres nothing going out but Im certainly looking at one, possibly two. Were looking at Dummett to come back but thats out of our hands at this minute in time and were waiting on Newcastle. We very much want the player back. Im also looking at another striker, whose name I wont reveal, so Im hopeful of knowing within a day or two of knowing whether thats going to come fruition. Its not the Polish lad, its a different player.

I would use the money to bring in Mcinnes for Lennon instead of signing new players.

Cokehead O'Connor, Riordan and Boyd all without a club....

All 3 would be excellent signings goals and skill wise, but the big question mark over all 3 is attitude and application. Boyd and Riordan are numbers 1 & 3 in the all time SPL scoring records IIRC

Edited by Lethal89

All 3 would be excellent signings goals and skill wise, but the big question mark over all 3 is attitude and application. Boyd and Riordan are numbers 1 & 3 in the all time SPL scoring records IIRC

Sadly I don't think there is a question mark over the attitude of these boys. All 3 confirmed wasters.

Another decent centre half, a decent left back in the form of Dummett and a decent strike partner for Thompson then a few of our problems would be solved. That's my belated list for Santa.

Just think how many more goals we would score with a decent strike partner for thompson.

Oh and our players cut out all these stupid mistakes they appear to be making on a weekly basis. Life as a St Mirren fan is so frustrating.

Another decent centre half, a decent left back in the form of Dummett and a decent strike partner for Thompson then a few of our problems would be solved. That's my belated list for Santa.

Just think how many more goals we would score with a decent strike partner for thompson.

Oh and our players cut out all these stupid mistakes they appear to be making on a weekly basis. Life as a St Mirren fan is so frustrating.

Its what we are use to

While I dont want to burst anyone's bubble about Doris remember that Wardlaw had an excellent scoring rate before signing and wasnt good enough for the SPL. Same goes for John Baird going to Dundee. The guy may be good but he is also 24 the same age as Robertson who was player of the year in the Second Division but the jury is still out on his ability for the SPL.

Personally I would prefer an 18yo starting out with a great scoring record in the lower leagues or an old pro who we know can score at SPL level (eg Kenny Miller) than someone who has played in the lower leagues for virtually all of their career. If Dorris signs I will support him and maybe he will change my thinking but I certainly dont see him in particular as a great signing.

Can see where you are coming from Sonny. To counter that Wardlaw was very much a one season wonder at Cowden. Baird is just unlucky. A 5 foot 3 player is always going to be up against it at SPL level. Doris at least has scored an average of a goal every second game for 2 and a half seasons. The standard in the SPL has dropped noticeably from my infrequent visits to see us. That may work in his favour too. In conclusion who knows? lol.gif

While I dont want to burst anyone's bubble about Doris remember that Wardlaw had an excellent scoring rate before signing and wasnt good enough for the SPL. Same goes for John Baird going to Dundee. The guy may be good but he is also 24 the same age as Robertson who was player of the year in the Second Division but the jury is still out on his ability for the SPL.

Personally I would prefer an 18yo starting out with a great scoring record in the lower leagues or an old pro who we know can score at SPL level (eg Kenny Miller) than someone who has played in the lower leagues for virtually all of their career. If Dorris signs I will support him and maybe he will change my thinking but I certainly dont see him in particular as a great signing.

Has Dorris not scored against Scumtic.

In that case he is well ahead of our whole squad the last 2 seasons

Ye, but Wardlaw never got Birmingham's interest.

Whoever this striker Is that Danny won't name, I think it's hugely important we get him in for Sunday. If we stand anychance of winning, we need someone up there with Thompson who's capable of playing good football. Parkin and Guy are pretty dire and I don't think throwing the young 19 year old Polish boy into a semi final against Celtic is wise.

Whoever this striker Is that Danny won't name, I think it's hugely important we get him in for Sunday. If we stand anychance of winning, we need someone up there with Thompson who's capable of playing good football. Parkin and Guy are pretty dire and I don't think throwing the young 19 year old Polish boy into a semi final against Celtic is wise.

If he's Scottish based there's a fair chance he'll be cup tied.