Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Guest somner9
If he's Scottish based there's a fair chance he'll be cup tied.

Technically he's not scottish based, and would only play till the summer hoping for a move to a bigger (more dosh) club after RE-aclimatising....shutup.gif

After seeing all these players were being linked with, I'm slightly concerned. Danny seems to be solely concentrating on creative attacking players when really our priorities should be on finding a good few defensive players. Don't get me wrong I think we do need another striker to play alongside Thompson but priority must be on getting a solid centre back? I'd much prefer to see Goodwin sitting in the CDM role again and someone like McGregor at the back. McAusland and Mair are no where near solid enough, McGregor is no nonsense which is exactly what we need at the back. All the Pish tippy tappy around the back leads to a huge amount of mistakes, that's got to be cut out! Carey is not a left back! Don't mind him filling in for the odd game but a proper LB is required ASAP! Barron and Van Zanten are average at best! Young Paul McGinn seems to be a good young player, maybe it's time we think about getting him in the team?

Jason Scotland just released by Ipswich. Dundee failed in an attempt to sign him. Could he still do a good job up here and be an answer to alternative goals?
He's another player (like Moutinho) who seems to have been around forever. He must be about 56 now, surely.

What has his recent form been like?

Edited by Drew

He's another player (like Moutinho) who seems to have been around forever. He must be about 56 now, surely.

What has his recent form been like?

I always thought Scotland moved the ball quickly when he played up here ,but that must have been about 25yrs ago. .

Scotland joined the Tractor Boys in 2010 and went on to score 21 goals in 95 appearances.

"Jason has been great at the training ground but we are going younger and he's been missing out," McCarthy said.

I really don't think he is the kind of player we need at the moment , which could mean he is in with a shout. .

I know it wont happen but would love to see us make a bold attempt to sign andrew shinnie on a pre contract, his contract is up in the summer and i see aberdeen are sniffing about, no harm in asking. Fantastic player who would have a field day playing off a player like thompson.

Guest somner9

Deal for "Landmark" signing getting ever nearer.

he would be straight in on Sunday and the shellic don't like him one little bit! Only till end of the season though as his aspirations lie in another league???

Deal for "Landmark" signing getting ever nearer.

he would be straight in on Sunday and the shellic don't like him one little bit! Only till end of the season though as his aspirations lie in another league???

Kenny miller or Boyd? Please dont be that lazy prick Boyd!

Guest somner9
Im sure i read Boyd was going to killie until the end of the season?

They've got a bill to pay or be served with a winding up order.... can't see them being allowed to spend.

we should know today/tomorrow, would be coming off the bench on Sunday if it happens

They've got a bill to pay or be served with a winding up order.... can't see them being allowed to spend.

we should know today/tomorrow, would be coming off the bench on Sunday if it happens

Are you speaking here with any insider knowledge? Or just 'speculating'?

Kris Boyd, even for half a season, would be a huge signing for St Mirren. Massive. Anyone who believes otherwise is seriously deluded.

Guest somner9
Are you speaking here with any insider knowledge? Or just 'speculating'?

Kris Boyd, even for half a season, would be a huge signing for St Mirren. Massive. Anyone who believes otherwise is seriously deluded.

We'll know soon enough. let's face it he doesn't need much in the way of coaching/conditioning... "stay in the box, try and stay onside, be a feckin big lump of a pest"

Danny has been talking about another striker coming in. I suppose it isn't out of the question that it could be Boyd.

I'm not at all sure how I'd feel about Boyd joining us. If he was using the move as a shop window, and was therefore committed to performing, it could be a very good signing for us on a short term basis. If, however, he was simply looking for somewhere to hang his hat and kick his heels for a few months, I'd rather we didn't, thanks all the same.