Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I don't think there's much in this so I won't bother starting a new thread, but a Dundee Utd fan on twitter seems to think that we were on talks with them over Jim Goodwin, and we would get their youngster Ryan Gauld as part of the deal.

He reckons with Houston gone its been shelved but I can't see there being any truth in it in the first place given we're short on defenders and he's filling that role, he just turned down an offer from Hibs and we have no need for a promising midfielder if we have McGinn and McLean at least until June, don't suppose anyone else has heard anything similar?

I don't think there's much in this so I won't bother starting a new thread, but a Dundee Utd fan on twitter seems to think that we were on talks with them over Jim Goodwin, and we would get their youngster Ryan Gauld as part of the deal.

He reckons with Houston gone its been shelved but I can't see there being any truth in it in the first place given we're short on defenders and he's filling that role, he just turned down an offer from Hibs and we have no need for a promising midfielder if we have McGinn and McLean at least until June, don't suppose anyone else has heard anything similar?

Nothing to worry about mate, will just been complete speculation. Our captain wont leave for another SPL team. Also, the boy Gauld only just signed an extension at the end of last week, and is highly rated at Tannadice.

I dont think there is a hope in hell of this happening. He is under contract and we need him and DUFC have no money to buy him and we have some great young players coming through. Wishful thinking on their part.

Nothing to worry about mate, will just been complete speculation. Our captain wont leave for another SPL team. Also, the boy Gauld only just signed an extension at the end of last week, and is highly rated at Tannadice.
I dont think there is a hope in hell of this happening. He is under contract and we need him and DUFC have no money to buy him and we have some great young players coming through. Wishful thinking on their part.

Pretty much my thinking. Just curious to see of anyone else had heard anything!

The only position we can afford to sell is the centre mid position, as we realistically have 5 guys fighting for 2 or 3 spots. And that is me counting Goodwin as a centre half.

Was tempted to say we could let Parkin go, but should the unthinkable happen. And its that unthinkable I'm not even typing it. Sam is the closest like for like replacement we have.

Edited by NeilPar72

The only position we can afford to sell is the centre mid position, as we realistically have 5 guys fighting for 2 or 3 spots. And that is me counting Goodwin as a centre half.

Was tempted to say we could let Parkin go, but should the unthinkable happen. And its that unthinkable I'm not even typing it. Sam is the closest like for like replacement we have.

Will not happen..........last line below previous post gives it away

Danny's hinting in the PDE that we're done for the transfer window.

We haven't seen everyone's wish of a new defender coming true; however, has Newton's arrival effectively done that, as it's allowed Goodwin to move back into defence? He's been like a new signing in that position.

I have to say that if both Newton and Isma carry on from their performances on Sunday, it will have been a very successful transfer window IMO. When was the last time we signed two players in January who went on to become key players almost immediately?

Edited by Sunny Saint

Wouldn't be surprised if Imrie leaves or goes on loan to get games.Has 18 months left so won't be bought. Really like Dougie but with Izzy being signed it leaves dougie behind him,mcginn and Carey to get a game. Issue is he is not being played where we saw him at Hamilton,free role behind Thommo. Danny trying to play him as out and out winger which he isn't. Don't want him to go but................