Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Priorities have to be on bringing in a centre back and a left back! Anyone know if McAusland picked up and injury last night? He played superbly! Also, McGregor is not far off a return but defence needs strengthened no doubt! Carey did well last 2 games, apart from 2 suicide passes last night. Surely if we can get Parkin off the wage bill then we should let him go? And we now have 3 goalkeepers. I'd keep Samson and Adam and let Smith go.

Wouldn't be surprised if Imrie leaves or goes on loan to get games.Has 18 months left so won't be bought. Really like Dougie but with Izzy being signed it leaves dougie behind him,mcginn and Carey to get a game. Issue is he is not being played where we saw him at Hamilton,free role behind Thommo. Danny trying to play him as out and out winger which he isn't. Don't want him to go but................

Our squad is still relatively thin, so I wouldn't be letting Imrie go anywhere. All we need is one medium/long-term injury and we're back to square one.

For the first time in a while, it actually looks like we have some strength in depth in our squad. Why would we let that go now with us still competing on three fronts?

So Paul Dummett looks set to re-join us on loan for 6 months. However, I think Carey would be very unlucky to drop out of the team if he came back. Played extremely well last two games! The other thing, we could sign Dummett on a PCA as his contract with Newcastle expires in June.

So Paul Dummett looks set to re-join us on loan for 6 months. However, I think Carey would be very unlucky to drop out of the team if he came back. Played extremely well last two games! The other thing, we could sign Dummett on a PCA as his contract with Newcastle expires in June.

If Carey does get dropped for Dummett after his last 2 games i would be going to the managers door if i was him, he is just getting a run of games and is hitting form, he is a better footballer than Dummett and brings more to the team, the last couple of games have showed that, we miss his delivery into the box.

If Carey does get dropped for Dummett after his last 2 games i would be going to the managers door if i was him, he is just getting a run of games and is hitting form, he is a better footballer than Dummett and brings more to the team, the last couple of games have showed that, we miss his delivery into the box.

I agree, no way Carey will sign a new deal if he gets dropped. He has been superb.

We've received a verbal offer from a championship team for Kenny McLean. If he goes, will someone be brought in to replace him? I'd hope so as we would be looking for a good bit of money for him!

Doubt we'd get someone in, but I'd be happy with McGinn and Gowser, with Robertson as backup.

We have Gowser, McGinn, Newton, Robertson and Goodwin who can all play in the middle. If Kenny goes I wouldnt want us to waste any cash on signing someone for the sake of it.[/quote

I agree, however one player I'd really like to see us go for us Stefan Scougall. Seems like a brilliant lad still young and in the Scotland set-up also. Not sure how much Livi value him at though?

I'll be absolutely delighted if business is now concluded for Saints this transfer window. Holding onto McLean and McGowan would be tremendous, while we've brought 3 solid loan signings in, but no 11th hour desperation additions.

Barring no last minute silliness, all is looking very positive. I'm well chuffed thumbup2.gif

I'll be absolutely delighted if business is now concluded for Saints this transfer window. Holding onto McLean and McGowan would be tremendous, while we've brought 3 solid loan signings in, but no 11th hour desperation additions.

Barring no last minute silliness, all is looking very positive. I'm well chuffed thumbup2.gif

Agree, I think it's been a very productive transfer window - we've strengthened in two key areas and kept our left back. I still think the defence is a big weakness but if it can perform like it did on Sunday, we'll be OK.

Agree, I think it's been a very productive transfer window - we've strengthened in two key areas and kept our left back. I still think the defence is a big weakness but if it can perform like it did on Sunday, we'll be OK.

To be honest, it is always a relief to hold onto your best players. Acquiring good players is a bonus, and I think we've done that, but it was sickener when we lost McGinn in January a few years ago, as you really want your most valuable assets in place in the run in - not least when we are looking in good shape with a cup final, a shot at the top 6, and also the Scottish Cup still a possibility.

To be honest, it is always a relief to hold onto your best players. Acquiring good players is a bonus, and I think we've done that, but it was sickener when we lost McGinn in January a few years ago, as you really want your most valuable assets in place in the run in - not least when we are looking in good shape with a cup final, a shot at the top 6, and also the Scottish Cup still a possibility.

I.e still looking good for the treble whistling.gif