Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Steven McGarry's 33!!!

Edited to say - did he not go to Ross County for a few seasons before Motherwell?

Edited to say - he's bald as well !!!!!

Edited to say - Christ, I'm getting old!!!

sorry yes he did go to ross county before motherwell, so maybe a return to either of those would be more suited,

Rather than Liam Miller, why not have a look at his former team-mate at Perth Glory - a guy who won Most Glorious Player, Players' Player & Goal Of The Season in their end of season awards?

He even has a Scottish sounding surname, so might have family from over here or something...

hmm a player who left us for more dosh at motherwell (can't blame him for that) but it would be a massive step backwards for us to sign a 33 year old playing in a lesser league, but if you want to attach sentiment then maybe yes he should sign for motherwell
he went to Ross county for first team football not to chase more money, after not getting chances under Tom Hendrie. There was rumours of a fallout with TH, I'm sure there will be one or two on here that know if there is any truth in that.

Sent from my C6603 using Black & White Army mobile app

Got a funny feeling that if he was to leave Dimdee then Partick is a likely place for him to return to.

Would like us to look at Gary Harkins, not sure when his Dundee contract ends though, think they paid a fee for him in January. Far too good a player to be in the 1st division anyway, maybe as it seems Imrie wants out we could offer a swap?

Just heard we made an enquiry in January for Kris Doolan of Partick. I recon he would be a good signing this summer if we lose Parkin. Obviously not the same type of player but has scored consistently once in every three games for Thistle.

I guess at this moment staying with PT he is guaranteed SPL next season - but once we are nice and safe he is out of contract so is clearly open to offers.

Guest somner9

Just heard we made an enquiry in January for Kris Doolan of Partick. I recon he would be a good signing this summer if we lose Parkin. Obviously not the same type of player but has scored consistently once in every three games for Thistle.

I guess at this moment staying with PT he is guaranteed SPL next season - but once we are nice and safe he is out of contract so is clearly open to offers.

To lose Parkin all we need to do is either:

A - Play a high ball in and ask him to jump!

B - Run roon the next corner as by the time he catches up we'll be indoors eating jelly pieces and drinking tea

One more unrealistic one I'd like would be Paddy McCourt, his contract is up at the end of the season and I accept there's hee haw chance of getting him full-time but I'd presume Celtic offer him a new contract and a loan move would suit all parties, far too good to be warming a bench on a Saturday and the type of player that gets fans through the gate.

sorry yes he did go to ross county before motherwell, so maybe a return to either of those would be more suited,

I would say he would be more suited to come back to us a la thommohawk. Saints daft and could be looking to end his career.

And we never had him when he was arguably played in his best position - he was never good enough as a forward but he seems to have matured as a midfielder, including the number of times he played in the spl for Motherwell. Definitely wouldn't mind him back if he decided to come home but from what I hear he's loving it over there.

I would say he would be more suited to come back to us a la thommohawk. Saints daft and could be looking to end his career.

And we never had him when he was arguably played in his best position - he was never good enough as a forward but he seems to have matured as a midfielder, including the number of times he played in the spl for Motherwell. Definitely wouldn't mind him back if he decided to come home but from what I hear he's loving it over there.

He's just signed a contract extension so will be ending his career over there I reckon.