Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I'd see Billy Mehmet back at St. Mirren in a heartbeat. He's not a goalscorer as we know (although he chipped in with about 10 a season) but he's an exceptionally good footballer and a good target man.

Stephen McGinn would be an ideal replacement for McGowan as well if his injury troubles are behind him.

Easton and Steven Smith, either would be a good signing for this level. Easton has always looked good ever since his Accies days.

surely 10 goals a season is better than what we will get from our other current strikers i.e Guy and Parkin

Would like us to sign on a combiination of:

Michael McGovern/Johnny Tuffey

Gary Harkins

Brian Easton

Scott Arfield

Connor Newton

Nicky Clark if possible

All very much possibilities. Harkins less so after McCall saying on Sportscene a few weeks back he'd like him at Motherwell. Would be ideal to replace McGowan though.

Scougall from Livi would demand a fee so that rules him out. Can see us getting Newton again. Not Dummett though, I reckon he'll be in the Championship for someone next season.

Another signing like Isma/Hasselbaink would be brilliant.

McGregor hopefully can stay fit and get back up to his old standard. Wee Reilly as well, I think he'll be a big player for us. Looked a brilliant prospect when given a chance earlier this season.

Definitely think we need a right back. Vanzy's clearly on the decline now. Would love us to give Paul McGinn a chance tbh.

It's a shame , but if we could average another 200 adult paying grown ups at most of our home games that could generate iro £90k, enough certainly to accomodate two players of some quality.

Fine margins, but margins that could make a huge difference to our team.

Do you want to be the new recruitment manager.whistling.gif

Do you want to be the new recruitment manager.whistling.gif

Not really...............even child minded grown ups would be a challenge too far.

I fear that trying to galvanise a largely apathetic Paisley audience towards showing goodwill and support toward St Mirren in the form of paying for a ticket every other week would be a challenge best left to Sir Alex Ferguson.

A tannoy and a cabriolet anyone bye1.gif

Not really...............even child minded grown ups would be a challenge too far.

I fear that trying to galvanise a largely apathetic Paisley audience towards showing goodwill and support toward St Mirren in the form of paying for a ticket every other week would be a challenge best left to Sir Alex Ferguson.

A tannoy and a cabriolet anyone bye1.gif

I've got the cabriolet and Clyde one's Galloway has a few tannoys to give away.

I should be ashamed of the cabriolet but I'm too busy cringing at the thought of knowing one of Clyde one's presenters and segments!whistling.gifshutup.gif

Christophe Berra being released by Wolves this summer, most likely stay in the championship but someone of his calibre would surely be worth looking at, even if its highly unlikely we would get him?

More chance of signing Stephen McManus, who's also a free agent. Pretty sure Berra will get a Championship team.

Christophe Berra being released by Wolves this summer, most likely stay in the championship but someone of his calibre would surely be worth looking at, even if its highly unlikely we would get him?

With that logic why don't we call up Beckham and see if we can tempt him out of retirement? I mean, he's effectively been playing for nothing at PSG with all his wages going to charity...

With that logic why don't we call up Beckham and see if we can tempt him out of retirement? I mean, he's effectively been playing for nothing at PSG with all his wages going to charity...

Berra in the same league as Beckham? Interesting! Remember Webster returning to Hearts after Wigan? Things like that do happen, I did also state it was highly unlikely.

Berra in the same league as Beckham? Interesting! Remember Webster returning to Hearts after Wigan? Things like that do happen, I did also state it was highly unlikely.

Still, a Scottish Internationalist (I wish it wasnt true!) who should be approaching his peak and was earning upwards of £15k a week wouldn't touch us. Doubt Danny would get by the agent laughing at him.