Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I remember years ago we signed Morton's best player in Jim Rooney.

He was a bit and miss and never hit the heights with us after he looked good for Morton

Did Rooney not score in the 6 - 2 Demolition of Hearts the year they

bottled,threw away,couldnae do it when the chips were down ,only needed a draw on the last day

lost the league on the final day of the season '86 ???

Edited by thomsons dropped it

I subsequently worked with Jim Rooney in the Social Work department in Possilpark.

He was a good guy and kept me entertained with stories of Saints in the 1980's, McAvennie, big Basil, etc. Didn't have much time for Alex Miller though!

My old place of work, but pre-Rooney. My mate worked with Jim and had an intereSting tale or two to share about their discussions....

Edited by Drew

Lawrence Shanklands at Queens Park would be a good signing he has been very good this season ok it was the 3rd division but I saw him score a class goal v Airdrie where he scored from a cross to the back of the box hitting the ball first time and lobbing the keeper from the edge of the box.

He would be a good player with young legs to play upfront with Thommo.

Edited by stevie-dee

Hope the rumours about Harkin's aren't true. If we are going with a smaller squad of quality next season then a player like Harkin's who does not produce consistently doesn't fit that bill.

Makes no sense letting Carey go, just to bring in a player like Harkins who is similarly inconsistent.

Hope the rumours about Harkin's aren't true. If we are going with a smaller squad of quality next season then a player like Harkin's who does not produce consistently doesn't fit that bill.

Makes no sense letting Carey go, just to bring in a player like Harkins who is similarly inconsistent.

If these players did perform consistently,then they wouldn't be at St.Mirren.

See Aberdeen in talks with Sutton why aren't we trying for him ? Only 1 striker signed up

Strikers signed up we have Thompson Guy (still under contract) Reilly Brady and Smith and its also 3 months from the start of the season plenty time

and as someone has said the money Sutton was on at Hearts was unreal so am sure he will be looking for someone to match it or get close and that wont be us

If that were true he would still be at Kilnarnock.

He'd spray passes about the park most weeks, head and shoulders above the rest. I don't understand why he hasn't made it at the highest level, he's been outstanding ever since his Thistle days.

When he wasn't pinging glorious balls around the park, he was doing this;

I think Killie fans are just extremely bitter about him leaving them. Their form has tailed off since he left as well.

Edited by Murray7

Harkins is more consistent than most of our current players.

Guaranteed 7/10 or more every week.

For all the tricks and flicks he just isn't what I'd like to see St Mirren sign.

Chucked in the towel at Killie when he wasn't playing, seems like he needs to be the main man where he is.

Jonny Tuffey being freed by St.Johnstone. Always thought he was a decent keeper.

Less than 10 appearances in 3 years, though.

Ideally we could get him in on trial for Paul Mathers to assess him but probably have to wait until pre-season.

Someone on P&B saying Akinfenwa from Northampton has been offered 2 year deal, any other buddies know anything about this

Someone would need to sew about three strips together to fit him. He's about the same size as big Ian that used to sell the papers at the cross !

Someone on P&B saying Akinfenwa from Northampton has been offered 2 year deal, any other buddies know anything about this

FFS! lol.gif:

The point of it (if you read the preceeding discussion) was that it doesn't matter what gets typed up as fact, Someone, somewhere, especially within the plagarising press will be gullible enough to swallow it, publish it and pass it on as their own fact. Much like MarreZ and his 'Jardel to St. Mirren story' of 8 years or so ago. I'm sure it's happened a few times since then too.

I'm not in the know, I completely made it up, though I expect at least one paper to run with it at some point over the weekend.

Edited by djchapsticks

FFS! lol.gif:

The point of it (if you read the preceeding discussion) was that it doesn't matter what gets typed up as fact, Someone, somewhere, especially within the plagarising press will be gullible enough to swallow it, publish it and pass it on as their own fact. Much like MarreZ and his 'Jardel to St. Mirren story' of 8 years or so ago. I'm sure it's happened a few times since then too.

I'm not in the know, I completely made it up, though I expect at least one paper to run with it at some point over the weekend.

Wears a wee bit thin after a while though, no?

Would really love us to sign a decent young striker who will come and learn off a true professional like Thomohawk. I will be very disappointed if by the time the great man hangs up his boots with the buddies we don't utilise his potential to assist a young lad up front in games.

Do we have anyone in the U20's who will have any chance of making the step up to 1st team at some point next season?

Edited by Mr Zo