Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Quote from Paul Mathers in today's PDE stating that we've offered contracts to two keepers. One is currently playing in England and the other is a free agent.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Black & White Army mobile app

Would take a punt at Steve Simonsen and David Cornell.

I hope it's not Kyle Letheren, though.

Letheren would be similar to Samson's signing when he did - I think the year Sammy had as backup working with Mathers probably did him the world of good.

Samson came in as a 26 year old 'keeper, who had well over 100 games under his belt, plenty of experience in Scotland and an U21 cap. Letheren is 25 and has played 10 games.

I think Letheren would need a couple of years experience before being able to play for us, Mathers has done a good job with everyone he's worked with, but there's much better options out there for me.

Samson came in as a 26 year old 'keeper, who had well over 100 games under his belt, plenty of experience in Scotland and an U21 cap. Letheren is 25 and has played 10 games.

I think Letheren would need a couple of years experience before being able to play for us, Mathers has done a good job with everyone he's worked with, but there's much better options out there for me.

Agreed, think Letheren would need to drop to at least division 1 to get some game time. Id rather see us get someone like Simonsen as first choice and a younger back up goalie with plenty of potential that Mathers could work with and develop. The boy Ridgers from Hearts looks decent.

Has Michael McGovern still not signed with anyone yet? He would be a decent option.

Forgot about him , I don't think he's signed a new contract with FFC yet and some of their guys on One F think he's coming to us !

I must renege my last comment, I regret to inform my fellow Buddies I have just spoken to my inside contact and I can confirm Nacho Novo will indeed be at SMP on Monday for talks.

Of course he's no, according to Shull and Oakey he's a stick on for East Fife.

Pair of bucketgubs. punk.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Sporting de Gijón[edit]

In May 2010, Novo moved to La Liga side Sporting de Gijón, on a two-year deal.[25] After a difficult first season in Spain, Novo was offered to clubs in the summer of 2011 with a return to Scotland being mooted. Aberdeen boss Craig Brown said that he had turned down the chance to sign Novo, but this was later denied by the players agent.[26]

Sporting de Gijón boss and Spanish legend, Javier Clemente, branded Novo "a coward", and of "showing no commitment to the club in their time of need", and tore up Novo's contract. Clemente then states he “Went into the dressing room and told the rest of the players that if we had any other cowards they could also leave.”[27]

Legia Warsaw[edit]

On 16 February 2012, Novo signed a 6-month contract with Legia Warsaw. He made his debut on 26 February against Śląsk Wrocław and was substituted in the 59th minute after scoring.

mmmm ? Would hope it is a trial to see how is stacks up these days.