Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

More chance of Arfield than Tidser given that Morton want upwards of 50k and Arfield is a free agent. Having said that I can't see us going for another midfielder when we need to strengthen in other areas. Two keepers a left back and a striker, with maybe a left winger for good measure. :)

Agreed, although I'm sure Arfield had been used on the left wing at various times in his career? He would certainly be a welcome addition.

Arfield is more of an attacking/creative midfielder and IMO we've got enough of them.

If we're going to sign another player that can play midfield,then they should be able to fulfil Goodwin's role and also be versatile enough to be able to slot into centre of defence,if we're not going to get another CH in.

Hopefully it's a non-story and we're spending our budget on more important areas of the team that require strengthening.

I'd be stunned if we weren't looking at Sutton, We were interested in him before he was punted to Australia a couple of seasons back and clearly wants out of Hearts. Only club he was linked with has signed a striker and cant see him going back down south. Excellent SPL striker and clearly an improvement on Big Sam.

Edited by Dan Is The Man

I'd be stunned if we weren't looking at Sutton, We were interested in him before he was punted to Australia a couple of seasons back and clearly wants out of Hearts. Only club he was linked with has signed a striker and cant see him going back down south. Excellent SPL striker and clearly an improvement on Big Sam.

But Hearts would want a fee for him, would they not?

But Hearts would want a fee for him, would they not?

Possibly, but he must be one of the biggest earners considering he's one of the players being offered a pay cut and he certainly doesn't seem to be playing ball. They might be inclined to punt him just to get him of the wage bill.

Edited by Dan Is The Man

Don't think it will happen, unless Lovestreet says otherwise.  Also hearing that the Novo is going to be a nono.  The two motherwell boys are back in the frame.

which Motherwell boys? Stevie Saunders has left them, he had potential though struggled with injuries last year.

Don't think it will happen, unless Lovestreet says otherwise. Also hearing that the Novo is going to be a nono. The two motherwell boys are back in the frame.

Thanks Insaintee for giving me my fully deserved place, I am pleased to reveal he will not be coming to St Mirren FC.

My mates.a huddersfield fan and says he is brutal

Sent from my HTC One V using Black & White Army mobile app

I have two mates who are Wednesday fans. They said the same about Teale. And what about the Falkirk fans who laughed Higdon out the door... for every player we sign, people on here will find someone they know who says they're shite.

Any more speculation around goalkeepers?

I'm guessing two will sign this week, otherwise Paul Mathers will have f**k all to do in Spain!

Probably wants to have a look at them in training before making a decision.

Pretty sure we took Tesselaar and a couple of others abroad on trial in recent years.

Guest somner9

I am working today in smp so I am going to stand in the main reception at 2pm to see if this is true smile.png)

Can you take a photo of Nacho or Nae-show for bawa watchers?