Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Five pre-season friendlies played: four defeats and one victory (which came against a team recently relegated to England's sixth division): 1 goal scored and 14 conceded.

Forgive me for knicker-wetting, but what, out of those stats above, makes anybody think we can have a decent season with the current squad?

Nacho Novo? I'd take him in a heartbeat. Christ, I'd take Lord Lucan, Abu Hamza and Fred West's ghost if I thought they might score goals for us. I don't personally give a flying f**k if Novo is Chairman of the Loyal Orange Deep Blue Rangers Supporters Club (John Grieg Branch) and is shagging Donald Finlay up the arse. If he can score goals for us then I'll applaud him onto the park every week.

Five pre-season friendlies played: four defeats and one victory (which came against a team recently relegated to England's sixth division): 1 goal scored and 14 conceded.

Forgive me for knicker-wetting, but what, out of those stats above, makes anybody think we can have a decent season with the current squad?

Nacho Novo? I'd take him in a heartbeat. Christ, I'd take Lord Lucan, Abu Hamza and Fred West's ghost if I thought they might score goals for us. I don't personally give a flying f**k if Novo is Chairman of the Loyal Orange Deep Blue Rangers Supporters Club (John Grieg Branch) and is shagging Donald Finlay up the arse. If he can score goals for us then I'll applaud him onto the park every week.

Kinda f**ked your arguement in the first paragraph really.

I think if an attacker and a midfielder is signed I'll be pleased, and probably the rest of the support will be too.

Look forward to seeing more of Brady, Reilly, Kelly, etc this season.

Kinda f**ked your arguement in the first paragraph really.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but I'd appreciate it if you could explain how you reached that conclusion, rather than just making the sweeping statement quoted here.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but I'd appreciate it if you could explain how you reached that conclusion, rather than just making the sweeping statement quoted here.

1 goal scored? Should probably check that one out bud.

I agree that further strengthening is required and I think two more players will see us fine along with the younger boys.

1 goal scored? Should probably check that one out bud.

Hahaha. Point taken. Arithmetic never was my strong point, but even I should be able to count to four (joke).

I've always said there are three types of people in this world - those who can count and those who can't.

Edited by BAWZ

Five pre-season friendlies played: four defeats and one victory (which came against a team recently relegated to England's sixth division): 1 5 goal scored and 14 conceded.

oops!