Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Andy Webster been training with saints since Friday. As do has said if Adam Campbell signs then no budget left..... Unless he drastically reduces his wage demands.

I would bite your hand off for Webster but agree 1st priority should be a striker with pace. Webster would be a terrific signing though.

Don't really think Webster is any better than what we have. He had a total mare last season and is almost always injured

I don't rate him that highly either, but he has plenty of experience at this level so wouldn't be a bad signing. Certainly not a priority position, however, and most definitely not worth blowing the remainder of the budget on.

I thought Coventry had a signing embargo against them for going bust ? How can they sign anyone ?

Lifted today. Mind you they could still go bust as they are still in administration, but apparently not in a football sense ?????? Frying pan to fire in Webster's case but he and his agent were down there earlier this week for detailed discussions and he should sign tomorrow. Not a bad deal though getting an international defender on a free.

I don't rate him that highly either, but he has plenty of experience at this level so wouldn't be a bad signing. Certainly not a priority position, however, and most definitely not worth blowing the remainder of the budget on.

HE's not really more experienced than Mair though is he. Certainly not worth what he would be asking. We could afford him. But the problem is St Mirren expect to get a good player for that amount of money not more bog standard dross. We're not hearts, after all.

Partick Thistle to sign Kallum Higginbotham from Huddersfield. Did not bad at Motherwell last year. Another striker gone. Arse in gear Lennon.

He's a decent player, would have taken him. We are getting left behind praying that Campbell signs for us.

Partick Thistle to sign Kallum Higginbotham from Huddersfield. Did not bad at Motherwell last year. Another striker gone. Arse in gear Lennon.

Don't worry, we might be signing Adam Campbell on loan.

Possibly....maybe....perhaps....

Edited by Drew

Tom Hateley still available on a free, would be a very good signing IMO, play him at RB until January and then move him to holding mid if Newton doesn't return.

Aye, but sadly he wouldn't be free, and therein lies the problem.