Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

The budget has been reduced this season, of that there can be no doubt, the manager and the BOD recognize what we need in terms of players to fill the squad. But it doesn't help matters when sites like this are full of fans spouting all sorts of abuse aimed at everyone from the manager to the BOD.

Constructive criticism and debate is one thing, but some of the stuff on here is a step too far, do people not realize that players and agents look at these boards, if young Adam Campbell were to read some of the stuff on here, then who would blame him for going elsewhere.

Best we all shut up then about 600k sitting in the bank from the cup win then,after all we wouldnt want to upset young Adam Campbell,the superstar with NO goals in senior professional football,who its pretty obvious is holding out for a better team to take him before he graces us with his presence.Time to tell him to put up or f**k off

Once again a forum is used inappropriately to slate our own players. Being entitled to an opinion is one thing, poisoning a speculation thread with it is another thing entirely. Gone are the days where there were plenty of humorous anecdotes to enjoy ( I still giggle at pozbairds story about the vicious Dundee pie) I speculate that at least one person on here will have a sarcastic comment to make about my sensitivities.

Best we all shut up then about 600k sitting in the bank from the cup win then,after all we wouldnt want to upset young Adam Campbell,the superstar with NO goals in senior professional football,who its pretty obvious is holding out for a better team to take him before he graces us with his presence.Time to tell him to put up or f**k off

Oh aye that's a great idea!!!!!

I just can't workout all this budget talk if we got money for cup win on top of the freed up wages from bundle of released players majority being first team, only bringing in what we have some being loans, also we were debt free to begin with!! Help....

surely we had cash available for new players wages, im not expecting miracles like paying fees for players!

Edited by Mart-C87

Which surely begs the question 'why?' when a) so many players are looking for a contract out there and cool.png they were part of a team that finished a poor 11th last season?

Indeed. I'd have offered McGowan & McAusland the same terms as they were already on. If they left then so be it.

As much as I like McGowan as a player, we've struggled to find a regular position for him.

The budget has been reduced this season, of that there can be no doubt, the manager and the BOD recognize what we need in terms of players to fill the squad. But it doesn't help matters when sites like this are full of fans spouting all sorts of abuse aimed at everyone from the manager to the BOD.

Constructive criticism and debate is one thing, but some of the stuff on here is a step too far, do people not realize that players and agents look at these boards, if young Adam Campbell were to read some of the stuff on here, then who would blame him for going elsewhere.

Is this not one of the problems which sparks a lot of the drivel on this site? When CO76-77 states 'that there can be no doubt' the budget has been reduced, what is that based on? I'm not aware of any official statement from the club about the absolute level of available budgets (though I do recall SG being quoted saying the budget for this year had increased). I can understand a club wanting to play its cards close to its chest, but when fans aren't in possession of the facts speculation will be rife. Same is true in relation to the club's wage policy, contracts etc. We just don't know do we?

Edited by Barney63

You're funny! St Mirren issuing ultimatums to Youth Internationalists at established English Premier League clubs. Haha - that'll work !!

Guest somner9

Works for me,time to start acting like a professional fotball team rather than a spotty teenager like me waiting by the phone

Fixed it for you Lovestreet, maxi, Sergio, wilbur, saints0 clap.gif

Theres reduced budgets then theres outrageous cut backs, we got rid of about half a team including loaned players going back, would like to see if we made profit or loss last year, shocked we have not tried to strengthen more this season after cup win and try to progress in league.

er,because we had 600k extra income,hows that for starters you clown

Pray tell...in your opinion how should that imaginary figure be used?

Do we plough it all into the playing budget for 1 season, so that we have to win the league cup every year to break even?

And also...how does insulting other posters equate to asking questions of the club?

Have you ever thought that there was going to be a shortfall last year and that helped to make up some of that?

Nobody knows what surplus is available without the accounts.

I am with you 100% on the shortfall point,but im not having it that we dont have ANYTHING to buy a couple of players,

Pray tell...in your opinion how should that imaginary figure be used?

Do we plough it all into the playing budget for 1 season, so that we have to win the league cup every year to break even?

And also...how does insulting other posters equate to asking questions of the club?

Its not an imaginery figure,tv money semi and final,share of gate receipts semi and final plus prize money,do the maths ,and no,we dont blow the lot,but be nice to spend half or even a quarter

I am with you 100% on the shortfall point,but im not having it that we dont have ANYTHING to buy a couple of players,

You seem to forget that we had no income for over 2 months and that money would be required to continue to pay players wages over that period. Where do you think that came from other than from our reserves in the bank? Having that money ensures that our debt is minimised over the close season unlike others paying higher wages and having no real income over the period in question.

Edited by nedflanders123

The dome musta brought in enough for at least one or two wages lol, on a serious note though, I can agree with some previous posts however I just feel we have a skeleton squad and if any injuries and suspensions pop up as they do during season then we will be in real bother