Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Someone in the Thompson mould? We already have the original we don't need a copy.. get us someone in the speedy dangerous mould.

I agree we need someone fast and direct but we also badly need another target man. If Thommo gets injured or suspended (which I'm sure he will) then we need someone to play as the lone striker and a small pacey player won't be as effective.

I agree we need someone fast and direct but we also badly need another target man. If Thommo gets injured or suspended (which I'm sure he will) then we need someone to play as the lone striker and a small pacey player won't be as effective.

True, depends if who we're bringing in is meant as backup or not.

True, depends if who we're bringing in is meant as backup or not.

In an ideal world the player Danny is talking about should be backup to Thommo and be like a less shi*e Parkin. I agree though, a fast direct forward would be fantastic but we should be looking at getting one after a target man is brought it due the DL's favoured one up front tactics.

Guest somner9

Someone in the Thompson mould? We already have the original we don't need a copy.. get us someone in the speedy dangerous mould.

Oh no not Craig Beattie...... again..!

A big front man in the Thompson mould who could lead the line on his own. Hmm. Hold on - I need to look over the garden fence. No, KKs kids are still running around in Sevco tribute act kits. Whew. They used to run around in Hearts ones. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a glimpse of Paisley Pattern or fluorescent yellow.

A big front man in the Thompson mould who could lead the line on his own. Hmm. Hold on - I need to look over the garden fence. No, KKs kids are still running around in Sevco tribute act kits. Whew. They used to run around in Hearts ones. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a glimpse of Paisley Pattern or fluorescent yellow.

Not funny!bye1.gif

Boulding is honking, I would take Beattie over most of the names that have been mentioned so far.

When he played against us last season I actually thought he looked dangerous. Fast and direct, exactly what we are apparently looking for.

We seem to be in the position now of beggars canny be choosers and I reckon bounding will be better than signing no one.

Boulding? Beattie? Finnegan? Nish?

I'd wager that there are plenty of other players, as yet out of contract or possibly unsettled at their current clubs or not first picks, who would bring more to the club than these four players and whom we could attract to the club either permanently or on loan.

I'll be very disappointed if any of the aforementioned diddies sign for the club, mainly because it shows that the manager has been extremely lazy and unimaginative in sourcing potential signings IMO.

I still possess, just, a modicum of optimism that we'll pull a "rabbit out of the hat" with respect to our signing of a decent striker before the transfer window closes.

Edited by FTOF

I wasnt sure where best to post this, but are fans worrying and complaining so early on due to the fact last season, apart from the cup run and win was very hit and miss. With this being a new season and manager and players being able to sort this out, but with the preseason and one league game, fans are seeing the same. no real improvement. no lessons learned as yet. This is why they are worried or frustrated?

Last season we got business done pretty early on, did we not? Is this not the way DL said he liked to do things as players get preseason to get to grips with each other etc.

is it maybe that even due to cancelling a few contracts or trying to, that we have had to wait to free up some wages?

We might had a long list of players DL wanted in this season. Maybe they have all turned us down. We don't have access to this to see what quality he really wants in etc. maybe players don't want to come to a club where contracts of several players have had the contracts cancelled? We don't really know. I'm not in the know. I'm glad DL is in papers saying he is still looking as knows we are in need of extra quality. I'm just thinking out loud.

Also, with the people that have been mentioned, Nish, Beattie, Boulding, are they really going to be on less than Parkin was? Would it be more? Would they want to come and be thommo's back up? Was Parkin offered and other contract, but wanted first team football?! Ill wait and see at the end of the window before I judge.

Danny wants a first team striker of the same quality as goncalves. He's only going to get that in a loan player. He also reckon that in the end a one season loan is cheaper and not really that different from a one season contract. But that means you're not just dealing with the player, you're dealing with the player and the club. there are plenty opportunities out there and Danny is keeping his powder dry.

We still have most of the money we ear marked for the Watt loan/Novo/etc