Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Guest somner9

what about the goalie wee need, right back and two centre half? followed up by 2 strikers? 6 players wee need..lennon must have no contacts or no clue how to speak to players....

Sit Tight

I think Danny is keeping some of the money back for January. I don't think we would have won the cup had he not signed Goncalves. I also think he needs to keep money aside to replace Newton if we don't get another 6 months out him. Still like to see a new good CB. Talk of strikers is encouraging though.

Only if they materialise.

Boulding? Beattie? Finnegan? Nish?

I'd wager that there are plenty of other players, as yet out of contract or possibly unsettled at their current clubs or not first picks, who would bring more to the club than these four players and whom we could attract to the club either permanently or on loan.

I'll be very disappointed if any of the aforementioned diddies sign for the club, mainly because it shows that the manager has been extremely lazy and unimaginative in sourcing potential signings IMO.

I still possess, just, a modicum of optimism that we'll pull a "rabbit out of the hat" with respect to our signing of a decent striker before the transfer window closes.

I'd love it if we signed a couple of that lot! :lol:

He was described by BBC Sport as being one of the worst signings in the SPL.

Shefki Kuqi is a terrible player.

I've had the misfortune of seeing him play for more than one club in England and he is awful. A f**king headless chicken of a striker if ever there was one.

It definitely feels as though somebody, somewhere, has taken a massive gamble with signings that hasn't paid off.

The more I think about it, the more I think somebody at the club has taken the gamble that, with Hearts in the shit, we might be able to stay up with a threadbare squad anyway. And even if we go down, Sevco will probably be there so financially it won't really be a hardship, with their TV games. And good crowds against teams like Morton & Falkirk.

I don't WANT to believe that, but I'm really starting to.

f**k it, GIE'S A SIGNING!!!

No idea if it's totally fabricated or not, but the name Tope Obadeyi, on loan from Rio Aves, has been mentioned on the OS.

6 foot 3, 23 year old striker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tope_Obadeyi

At least it gives us another name to speculate about, now that Campbell isn't signing.whistling.gif

Given his histoty of lower league English loan clubs how did he slip under Terry Butcher's radar ? That said he must have shown ability at some stage but given his vital statistics physically I doubt he is the pacey type we badly need . I have a mental image of Ngoo.

No idea if it's totally fabricated or not, but the name Tope Obadeyi, on loan from Rio Aves, has been mentioned on the OS.

6 foot 3, 23 year old striker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tope_Obadeyi

At least it gives us another name to speculate about, now that Campbell isn't signing.whistling.gif

Wow. With a goalscoring record like that , hes a cert !