Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Gowser goes missing in the middle of the park. I barely noticed him playing there and it wasn't until boyd got sent off that he was able to help dictate the game.

Agreed. Gowsers talents are being wasted in his current deep role.

Anyone else heard Derek Riordan mentioned recently?

As I said in my post, from you selectively quoted, we need another striker to provide back up and competition to Thompson.

Anybody who can't read my post properly has their head up their arse.

You are right and I apologise for that. I don't know why, but I replied to your post before I had read the full content.

I thought Gowser put a great shift in, broke up play, linked defence with attack and played some cracking defence splitting passes.

I don't think Harkins has the ability to do any of the above. He's good with ball at feet, has tricks, flicks and can find the target. I thought he did will in the role he played and is very physical.

I thought Gowser was moved to a more deep position later in the match, and assumed the idea was to try to get him on the ball early in order to develop things from that area. It seemed to work relatively well, as we created plenty with the space afforded by Boyd's dismissal. Most likely a different scenario against 11 men, however (as we've noted in the past).

There's no way we could afford Skatchel, unfortunately.

Moussa Dagnogo scored in every game he played for st mirren!

You just can't please some people.

No he didn't. He scored a scrambled goal against Dundee at home and that was it.

Think you're getting a bit mixed up with the 2 players in question.

Renfurm did the thigh-grabbing thing, but it was at Tynecastle. I remember it very clearly. He was too lazy to chase a ball and when the screams came from the Saints fans, he pretended to limp and held his leg. He didnt last long after that.

Moussa was half decent. Scored a few goals, including one against Utd in what turned out to be his last game of a loan spell. The only reason we never extended it was because he picked up a knock that meant he'd be out of action for up to 4 weeks. He was starting to look pretty handy as well.

But, the best memory of him. In his first game (can't remember who we played) he was awarded MOM over the tan not in the last few minutes of the match. Next thing, he starts shaking hands with the opposition players while waiting for a kick out!! Brilliant!

No, you're getting it mixed up. Dagnogo did the thigh-grabbing thing away at Dundee United in the proverbial six pointer. We got horsed 4-0 that day, Charlie Miller cut us to shreds. It was both my first trip to Tannadice and my birthday, and I remember it all too well, sadly.

Dagnogo scored once, I don't think he was on loan at all and there was no question of extending it. He was never seen again after "limping" off at Tannadice. You've definitely confused him with someone else with the MoM thing too.

Agreed. Gowsers talents are being wasted in his current deep role.,

Anyone else heard Derek Riordan mentioned recently?

Riordan if he had his edge back would be great along side Thomo ,he had great pace a good goal scoring record lost a bit when he left Hibs for C##tic ,but is he worth taking a chance on even short term ?

Edited by linwood buddie

Riordan if he had his edge back would be great along side Thomo ,he had great pace a good goal scoring record lost a bit when he left Hibs for C##tic ,but is he worth taking a chance on even short term ?

Riordan is finished as a pro. He's been on trial at Ross Co, St J, Killie etc and hasn't earned a contract at any of them. Fenlon won't even let him train with Hibs.

I thought Gowser put a great shift in, broke up play, linked defence with attack and played some cracking defence splitting passes.

I don't think Harkins has the ability to do any of the above. He's good with ball at feet, has tricks, flicks and can find the target. I thought he did will in the role he played and is very physical.

I thought McGowan was pretty poor first half, didn't really get into the game then. The same for the majority of the team.

The second half was much better, he got an extra bit of space when Killie went a man down, and was unlucky not to score.

Guest somner9

I wouldn't touch Riordan with someone else's bargepole.

I thought he was deid..? Boy he could stick them away for fun... quite often needed a long rest during a game though... maybes not up to match fitness?

Ray-Reardon.jpg

The club have made enquires about Riordan.

We also have a Blackpool Striker on trial.

They can only come in, if two players leave on loan. I've been told these two players will be Naismith and Reilly (Yes, Reilly - I was a bit pissed off about this too)

Complete none sense we have the budget for at least 1 striker

There is no way Reilly will be going out on loan Danny has been ranting and raving about him so why then loan him out