Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I watched hemmings against the pars on alba. Not overly impressive.

John Sutton isn't overly impressive other than scoring goals either!

Takes me back to the Spain v Scotland World Cup qualifier in 1985.

Steve Archibald was the leading goalscorer in La Liga with Barcelona at the time and was at the press conference before the game.

One of the Spanish journalists asked him the question "what exactly is it that you do on the pitch.... apart from scoring all those goals?".....

His goals would probably dry up if he came to us, you only have to look at Steve Archibald whistling.gif

FFS

... alternatively, Bobby Torrance, Doug Somner, Frank McAvennie, Eddie Gallagher, Frank MacDougall, the list goes on

FFS has it not twigged1eye.gif

Ladies/Gents

My calls for a speculation section so far have been unanswered!

I think we need a special section for the questions such as

Who should we sign?

Who would you like us to sign?

What players are currently free and looking for a club and may do a job for St Mirren?

There IS a place for speculation, we ALL like to do it and thus far this forum does not really allow us to do it without comments (from people like me) such as "thats not a rumour".

So please speculate here (and if you believe in such a section then maybe the mods will see it too) and it may make the rumour mill slighty more credible!

I shall start

Goalkeeper...I would love us to go for Jamie Langfield

Defence......Keep Will Haining

Midfield.....Marcus Niculae now that he has been released?

Striker....Leigh Griffiths?

Yup, I thought it was self-explanatory.

Aye but we all know who's getting released someone saying 'James McFaddens away would we sign him?' Isn't a ground breaking post, its not a rumour St Mirren are interested in him, no one is sitting thinking 'You know I never thought about that wow James McFadden.' Clues in the name The Rumour Mill. If someone hears a rumour that McFadden or Carey came to St Mirren park over the weekend I'd post that, that at least gives food for thought. The thread isn't 'Who's just been released by an SPFL club for people that are to lazy to look at Sky Sports News and do we think he'd be a good player for St Mirren thread' Maybe we should start that up?

FFS

FFS you can't even agree with someone on here without getting abused... Aye paisley right enough... Hope it's makes you feel big.

I assumed you were suggesting that I go fuck myself, so you can perhaps appreciate the somewhat crude riposte. If you weren't, then I extend my apologies.

We need to stop the more outrageous speculation, obviously the fact that some player has been released doesn't mean they are coming to us.....................

Ashley Cole would be decent back up to Sean Kelly though.

I'll get my coat.

We need to stop the more outrageous speculation, obviously the fact that some player has been released doesn't mean they are coming to us.....................

Ashley Cole would be decent back up to Sean Kelly though.

I'll get my coat.

Aye the word on the street is when Ashley signs for us that'll convince Rio Ferdinand to head for Paisley too!

His goals would probably dry up if he came to us, you only have to look at Steve Archibald whistling.gif

I'd have thought that someone like Kane Hemmings would be a good signing. Good goalscoring return in the First Division for a struggling side (he's scored more for them in the league this season than Sutton did for us when we won the First Division). He'd surely get goals in the top flight?

A decent strike partner for Thompson would give us a chance of the top 6.

In the news today that Hemmings is off to the US MLS for a trial with Orlando. Hearts and Dundee supposedly interested as well.